Thursday, March 7, 2019

MARKET DAY THURSDAY

An earlier alarm this morning to get things started on this cold market day. It is another 20 degree morning but the temps seems to be raising quickly today. I had to break thick ice again on all the water pans and even had to replace some water that was frozen solid this morning.
The girls had breakfast while I was outside then we all got bundled up and headed out to market. I dropped RL off at pre-school on the way and met hubbie and IR at market.
Market started off really really slow today. Connie picked up IR about 10:00 and I will meet her at North high school at 3:45 to pick her back up while she goes to watch another grand daughter play soccer. Daughter had to drive the tennis team to Asheville high school today to play a match since their head coach is out after just having a baby and the assistant coach can't drive the bus.
Hubbie left to make his dump / recycle stop and do our shopping at Sam's and Walmart on his way home.
After a very slow start I actually had  decent day for the amount of customers that came in today so I am very thankful for all that I did sell.
It has been pretty uncomfortably cold all day inside market and I have on long handle underwear and a sweater vest and am still cold so I understand why there were very few sellers in here today.
I was glad to see 2:00 come so I could load up and get in the Honda with the heater turned up.
I made stops at the bank, the PO and Walgreens on the way home.
Hubbie helped me unload and get things put away then he went up to his shop to work on a project and I rested until Connie called for me to come meet her to pick up IR.
I brought her home and we played until hubbie came inside then I took my turn to get chores done.
This is another of my "yard" roosters and as he dusted himself in the sun this evening I noticed this bright turquoise feather among his tail feathers. Not a very good pic with the sun glare in my phone but you can see the colored feather.
Also on a rather sad note , this winter has been really unkind to my quail flock. I started the winter with 2 pair of these little guys that I have had for several years and who I loved to listen to  talk to one another every evening. Anyway they have all died as of just yesterday except for this lone little female. She is the same age as 2 of the other ones that have already passed so not sure if she is going to make it or not as she is staying pretty puffed up most of the time.
I never get tired of looking down into my egg bucket after I have gathered all the pretty different colored eggs each evening.
Chick days have started at the local Tractor Supply store and Re was one of the first customers for chicks today to the delight of BB and EL.

I am going to wait a while to get any chicks so the weather can warm and hopefully I can have a setting Silkie to raise them for me.
Son-in-love picked up IR and they went home to wait for daughter to get home.
I am supper tired tonight and going for an early bedtime.
Rain is predicted again for tomorrow and we have a pretty busy day planned so it will be good to catch up on my rest tonight.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.



1 comment:

linda m said...

Sorry to hear about your quail dying. I always love looking at all the little chicks at Tractor Supply. Still pretty cold here but should start warming up soon. Have a blessed weekend.