Monday, March 18, 2019

BASEMENT CLEAN UP and 1949 DECADE PICS

Got to sleep in a while this Monday morning as there is no school today and it is an annual leave day for all staff.
After chores I grabbed a breakfast bar and headed out to my dermatology appointment for my annual exam.
I had a couple of suspect spots that he cut off to send away but he didn't think they were anything to worry about. I sure hope he is right !!
I really like this doctor and the way his office operates, my appointment was at 10:00 , I arrived about 5 minutes early, the office is about 10 minutes from my house and I was done and home by 10:40.
Hubbie was working in his wood pile and I gathered our weekly laundry and got a load started.
Daughter came in after she did her grocery shopping.
This was the day we had picked to work downstairs and we went down and got started cleaning things out and getting some things out to sell. We made several piles, one for trash, one for Goodwill, one to go to the storage shed, one for the remaining things daughter wanted, and one to stay in the basement.
IR played for a while then we all got hungry and came upstairs to have lunch. I had forgotten I had only had the bar for breakfast so I was ready to get some lunch.
After we ate hubbie stayed upstairs with IR while daughter and I went back to work downstairs.
We really got a lot done and even advertised and sold an old dining room set I had tried to sell before .  D-in-love and RL came to help after dropping g-son off at wrestling club practice. During this practice he gets to practice wrestling plus he gets to help mentor some of the younger wrestler hopefuls. He is on the far left in the purple shirt helping the younger boys roll up the mat in this pic.

 Thankful she brought food and drinks for everyone. IR woke up about the same time and enjoyed the food with RL in picnic style and then they got suckers for dessert.
We worked until daughter had to leave to go to school for her gate duty at the soccer game this evening.
#1 son came in just in time to ride with hubbie over to daughter's to meet the contractor she was getting an estimate from on a back deck.
D-in-love worked on the computer and I played with the girls until they all got back.
#1 son helped hubbie carry out some of the heavy things that need to come out of the basement and then hubbie and daughter hauled a load over to her house and I stayed here and got the chores done.
When hubbie got home we made some last trips of the day hauling things to the storage shed and loaded the truck with things to go to the dump and Goodwill so he can make a trip tomorrow morning.
It sure felt good to get inside and have a light supper and then put my feet up for a while and catch up on my blog . I got out some decade pics for the month and the earliest pics for March were in 1949 ,the first is my uncle Anderson Holmes holding a gun with his dog looking up , the second is of some folks who were routinely in the old pics my aunt took but I never knew who they were, luckily their names were on the back of the photos.



Thankful for the blessings of this day and the health that allows us to work like we did today.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: