Wednesday, March 20, 2019

SICK DAY

Welcome Spring 2019, here's hoping for a really good one !! A photography friend of mine always post a first day of the season pic and this was a beauty this morning as the sun rose in a clear sky.

Woke up this morning feeling really bad and with a dripping nose and watery eyes this was a day I would have really loved to spend in bed.  But not to be with a busy day ahead.
I got chores done and took RL to pre-school. Hubbie got everything else done outside while I was gone so when I got back I grabbed a cup of coffee and a breakfast bar and we headed over to Apple Tree Honda for my 10 am appointment to have a recalled airbag inflator replaced in my Pilot.
Hubbie followed me in his truck as even though we know it is a 45 minute job there is no telling how long this place will take to fix it and I feel too bad to sit around for hours in their waiting room. I stopped bringing my Honda over here for oil changes because they always took over 3 hours even with an appointment.
When I checked in the guy said it says end of the day when you will be picking the car back up and I told him if you can't do it in a more timely manner than that which I didn't agree to when I made the appointment anyway I would have to reschedule. He was a very nice guy and said they would have it done no later than 2:00, well that's 4 hours to get a 45 minute job done ???  But he said he was sure it would be done before that and he would call.
We loaded IR in hubbie's truck and headed over to the discount shoe place we have been needing to go to for me to look for some more Alegria boots like I have that I really like but I was told they don't even make the tall boots anymore.
We went from there over to the Asheville outlet center and were shopping in the first store when I got a call that my car was done. It was about 11:15 so with me feeling like all I wanted to do was sit in the truck and sleep we cut our shopping trip short and picked up the Honda and headed home.
I hit the couch when we got here and that is where I stayed all afternoon until chore time.
I haven't had a head cold kick me down this hard in a long time. Thankful that IR was really good this afternoon and played quietly with hubbie and let me rest.
After daughter picked up IR hubbie went outside and got our garden plowed ,it is supposed to rain again tomorrow so we needed to get it done and the soil was just the right dryness today.

A big "worm moon" was rising in the eastern sky this evening. This is the full moon in March after the spring eqinox and is called the "worm" moon because it is when the earthworms start moving around in the moonlight after staying underground all winter.


I got up to get chores done and then came inside and got the weekly paperwork done and the bills paid then watched Survivor on TV.
I was glad to get a hot bath and get into bed with another dose of Nyquil to help me sleep.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: