Sunday, March 3, 2019

RAINY SUNDAY

Sunday morning is quiet and restful and as I did chores under a dark cloudy sky I felt like this would be a restful day.
We cooked Au-gratin potatoes in the oven and left them in to stay warm while we were at church, we also cooked corn on the cob and left it to keep warm .
Church was good and we enjoyed the catch up with our church family.
We came home to fix green beans and biscuits to go with the corn, potatoes and roast beef that had been in the crock pot all night.
We had #1 son's family, daughter's family, Aa's family and Ben (son-in-love's brother) and his family. Everyone had a very nice visit as we watched the rain fall outside. The kids had a great time playing together today.
Even g-son got in on the dance party today.


Daughter had to grocery shop so she left IR here while her and son-in-love left. He went to help one of his nieces with her volleyball skills while daughter shopped.
After everyone left hubbie and I caught a break in the rain showers and got our chores done.
I got my DNA results back today and was amazed at how many generations I could go back already so I am joining the Ancestry website to get more interesting information. I am 68% England, Wales and Northwestern Europe    28% Ireland and Scotland  2% Norway   2% Sweden .   And just on the free info I already know my great great grandfather on my dad's side is from Herfordshire, England.
With just this info I have been blown away by what they already know about my family.
Needless to say you know how I spent the rest of my evening.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


1 comment:

linda m said...

Very interesting results on your DNA test. Just from the family tree's I have read Most of my ancestors came from The Black Forest region of Germany. Have a great day.