Wednesday, February 20, 2019

ICY BEGINNING AND STORMY ENDING

Got an early morning text from daughter saying schools were on a 2-hour delay. It was nice to roll over and get a few more zz's . Both daughter and d-in-love came in about 8:00 and dropped the kids.
I went out to get chores done walking carefully but didn't see any ice here on anything.
Unlike some parts of the county where there was about 1/4 inch of ice that caused some trees to fall.


Usually on delay days I don't take RL to pre-school unless it is Deb's day to pick her up. Today is Deb's day but the weather is supposed to be worse down in Rutherford county where she lives so we just kept RL here.
It has rained all morning here so I was happy not to have to get out in it anyway.
After lunch we put the girls in the Honda to ride to Asheville with us for me to have my yearly mammogram .  The place I go it usually only takes a few minutes and we figured they would go to sleep hopefully for a short nap and they did.
I was only in the breast center for about 30 minutes and hubbie sat in the car with the girls while they slept.
I needed to stop at Aldi to pick up some baking supplies and then we took the girls for ice cream at McDonalds on the way home.




The tech who did the mammogram pulled my shoulder in an awkward way and it is hurting me pretty badly so I rested for awhile when I got home.
D-in-love and daughter both came in to pick up the girls and daughter tried to rest but both girls thought she was a great place to watch TV from. Haha daughter is surrounded by 3 little girls, 2 on the outside and 1 on the inside !!!

After they all left hubbie and I picked a break in the rain and got chores done .
I came in and went to my office to get the weekly paperwork done and the bills paid. While I was in there lightening started flashing and thunder grew louder and louder as the rain started to really pour down.
I forgot to look at the gauge to see how much it had rained last night and today so I will get a 2 day total tomorrow.
It is rare for us to get this bad of a thunder storm in February. But the weather has been unusual for quite a while .
We go from below freezing icy rain to a full blown thunderstorm in the course of one day.
I baked 3 pound cakes, 1 chocolate layer and a pan of brownies tonight and kept my fingers crossed that the storm wouldn't knock out my power.
I iced the chocolate cake with caramel icing for a special order.
I watched parts of the first Survivor show and the UNC / Duke basketball game while I worked.
UNC won the game pretty handily and Duke's main player went down with a knee injury when his tennis shoe actually exploded off his foot.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: