Thursday, February 21, 2019

EARLY BIRTHDAY SURPRISE

More rain falling this morning as I tried to wait out the worst of it before having to get out and get the chores done.
I didn't get too wet and then we all headed out on this market day. I dropped RL at pre-school and met hubbie and IR at the market.
I had an unwanted surprise waiting for me at market as the heater over my tables had a leak around the vent pipe and all my table covers were wet along with standing water under my tables.
Thankfully none of my sewn items had any water on them and I was able to clear up table space for the baked goods and eggs I had for sale today.
Connie picked up IR to spend some time with her and hubbie helped me get all the things moved around and get all the water mopped up. As rain continued outside it was easy to see were the water was dripping and we put pans under all the drips to try and keep more water damage from happening.
Hubbie then took care of our table while I ran to the bank for the market's monthly banking business.
When I got back hubbie went to run his errands then brought our lunch back.
He left to stop at Sam's Club and then get home . It had stopped raining and we actually saw the sunshine for a little while this afternoon which warmed the temperature into the 60's.
I had a pretty good sales day with the couple orders I had picked up and other things that sold off the table. I am as always very thankful .
I left market and ran the banking, PO and then dreaded Walmart stop on the way home.
Hubbie helped me get things unloaded and put away then we headed out to meet daughter at the Amazon return place where she wanted hubbie's advice on a couple light fixtures they had.
IR and I shopped while they looked over the lights finding some storage containers and a new copper chef frying pan to try out. I have seen these advertised and folks talk about how nice they are to evenly cook the food so I was glad to find this one at half the regular $60 price tag and half that price also so I paid $15 for it.

We loaded all our goodies with daughter also finding a rug runner for her hallway and several other items to go with the light fixture she decided on.
IR doesn't act like she feels very good so we are hoping she isn't coming down with something.
Hubbie and I came home to get chores done before the predicted rain begins again tonight.
I emptied 2.7 inches from the rain gauge for the last couple days total for us.
While I was getting the chores done this rooster that is loose around the garden was showing off.
 I have to admit he is very handsome.
We came inside at dark to relax awhile and then get an early bedtime to get ready for a busy Friday with both girls and more rain.
Tif sent me this pic of #2 son's new truck. She had it special ordered to give him a surprise early birthday present and I'm sure he was very surprised and happy with his new truck.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Praying you all stay safe during this crazy weather. We are expecting freezing rain again followed by rain. This winter's weather has been nuts. Have a great weekend. Blessings