Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MARE TAILS ON THE HORIZON!! SNOW????

While photographing my new almost finished metal roof,I noticed these mare tail clouds on the horizon. I guess they are in advance of a cold front moving in here tomorrow maybe bringing some snow to some parts of these here mountains!! Any time my daddy saw mare tales in wintertime he would say snow's coming in 24 hours.
Very happy with the roof ,the color is perfect for matching my house color.They got it all on except the new addition and finishing around the chimney.
This has been a housework kind-a-day I have been cleaning cabinets and shelves in the kitchen/dining room along with 4 loads of laundry. Daughter took some old jewelery that belonged to her grandmother to have it appraised today,there are 2 granddaughters and they are going to divide their grandmothers jewelery. I was surprised at the value,her wedding set,high school ring and other mostly costume jewelery was worthless except melted down for the gold and then only $130. I kind of figured the diamond in the wedding set might have a value. Although she might have done the same thing I did,as years ago while working outside I lost the diamond out of my wedding ring and couldn't afford to put the same size back in it,so I cut the size of the diamond down and put it in a setting that makes it look the same as before. Now I've lost the smaller diamond out of the band and just haven't had time to replace it at all.While I walked this afternoon the air already has a definite nip in it,I like cold weather for the holidays. I went ahead and baked my layers tonight since tomorrow night I will be working at church. Daughter has dibs on the kitchen tomorrow night since she starts a dog sitting job after that for a few days. D-in-love called at 10:30, they were leaving Knoxville heading north with about 1 more hour to drive to her grandparents house,God be with them as they travel. I am so thankful for my relationship with my Heavenly Father,as He guides me through each and every day as I strive to do His will in everything I do. Thankfulness has always came easy for me,maybe its because I'm a simple person with simple needs. I know God will provide!! Good Night and HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The roof looks very good. I like the cold weather for holidays too. Gets me into the spirit of things. I wish you a very safe & happy Thanksgiving.