Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SIGNS OF SPRING BURSTING OUT EVERYWHERE

Ahhhhh!!!!! Feeling much better this morning, thank you Lord !!!

Have you ever gotten woke up out of a sound sleep by a loud noise during the night?
Well about 1:30 this morning I woke to a loud bump,bump,bump sound. I got up and came into the living room after laying there and listening for a few minutes. I stood in the darkness of the living room,looked out the window down toward the road,seeing nothing but a very foggy night and hearing nothing else I went back to bed deciding it must have been the heat pump cutting off that made a noise.The sight of these guys this morning gave me the idea that what I heard wasn't the heat pump ! I couldn't see this part of the road last night from the living room window.
I called down to #2 son's house, he has been home from work sick the last 2 days, to ask him what was going on. He confirmed my suspicions, a car hit the neighbors fence post and landed against this power pole at 1:30 this morning. No one was hurt and the 4 occupants jumped and ran leaving the car. #2 son said he didn't feel well so he went back to sleep but the car was gone this morning and the power people were there replacing the pole.

I spent the morning cleaning my floors and while they dried I got a chance in the warm 60 degree sunshine to capture some more signs of spring around here.This Almond bush is loaded with buds about to burst.

Hyacinth perfume fills the air around this flower bed.

A Plum tree in full bloom.

Dandelions coming to life in this warm weather.


Brilliantly yellow Forsythia.



Creeping Charlie is one of the first blooming wild plants.



A patch of Red Deadnettle was already blooming.



These White - blue Violets look so dainty.



Hosta spouts are breaking ground.

But the cutest sprout of the spring season so far is the one below.
To update his dad, my #1 son's leg progress, he got the final hard cast off his ankle and is now in a removable hard boot for another month to give the split tendon more time to adhere to the outside of his foot.
He has more movement in his foot and is out of the constant nerve pain he has had since the accident so I would call this tendon splitting surgery a huge success.
As soon as he gets out of this boot he will be looking for a job so pray for him,that he finds one !
Their power was off while they changed the wires to the new pole this afternoon so they spent the afternoon here.

I have been lazy this evening ,spending most of it on the couch. I'll be glad when I completely shake this cold and get my energy level back up to normal.

Thanking God for the blessings of today and still praying for the people of Japan.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, You have more spring than we do right now. Hopefully, after some warm days ahead, our spring with come!!!!

That is great news about your No. 1 son... He has had a time of that break.. Bless his heart.

Glad nobody was hurt in the accident during the night... They must have run IF they were drinking...

Glad you are feeling better.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

Spring and good news!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like spring has sprung there! :)