Thursday, March 31, 2011

MARCH ENDS WITH RAIN BUT HAS SUNNY RE-CAP

Yuck , again, rain again, this morning slogging through morning chores.
And the temperature is 37,brrrrrr !!
After breakfast I took the little Beagle dog d-in-love picked up out of the road to a near by no-kill shelter to scan hoping for an ID chip.
No luck,no chip but they did want him, since he has already been neutered ,was very well behaved and friendly they were confident they could adopt him out to a good home.
He was a very nice little dog but we already have 6 dogs so we felt like we are full.

I finished weekly paperwork and headed off to town for an all afternoon errand trip.
Had 4 Avon deliveries to make and dry cleaning to drop off and a trip to the local fresh meat market to stock back up along with all regular errands.
This is my last free Thursday, next week I will be at market on Thursdays as well as Saturdays. I can't say I'm looking forward to that as slow as it's been on Saturdays, I know Thursdays are gonna be a bust !!
I finally made it back home around 5:00,Hubbie was already here from work and helped me unload.
It is now genuinely raining for the first time today. Until now there has been a fine cold mist falling. The temperature hasn't gotten above 45 all day,so it feels pretty raw out here.
Glad to get home and have a few minutes down time before chore time and cake baking time.

The recap of this month is full of first......
First emergency room trip !!
First color of the season ....
First hatch of the season......

The weather has been from one end of the spectrum to the other with daily high's from the mid 80's to the low 40's. We have slept with the windows open and with them closed and woodstove fires burning all night.
We have had a couple near floods....
To several red flag fire danger days from being so dry and windy.

We found a dry enough/wet enough time to plant our early crops this month.
We also took time out from all the spring chores to love ,laugh and enjoy life !!!
Now I look forward to what God has in store for me and my family in the month of April.

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: