Saturday, March 5, 2011

G-SON'S FIRST TRIP TO EMERGENCY ROOM

Woke to misty rain and cool temperatures today.
Market was as expected very slow, I did have several orders that made for a decent day.
I sold a couple sewn items today, a jean apron and 2 placemat purses, the first of the year.
People just aren't spending extra money right now and I'm sure with the price of a gallon of gas pushing toward $4 there won't be any extra money for many people.
I'm glad I spend a lot of time right here at home and love it.
I went by the grocery store on the way home for my only stop as it is raining and I don't like plugging around in it.
Hubbie helped me unload the van and then we enjoyed a rainy Saturday afternoon relaxing.
Out in the rain to do the evening chores as darkness comes earlier on a rainy evening. Checked on my sitting Silkie, her eggs should hatch next week and for the ones that don't ,Tractor Supply has chicks in to sell, so I will buy her some babies if I have to.
Hubbie found a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer and thawed them out so we could cook them for our supper. They were good with hominy and potato salad.
As we settled in to watch the UNC/Duke b-ball game I got a call from #1 son on his way to the emergency room with g-son,who was playing at a friend's house and fell and cut his face pretty deeply.


Thankfully no stitches , just glue and probably a black eye.

I remember a night in the emergency room with his dad when he was about this age and he did get several stitches from landing on the coffee table with his eye.
Boys will be boys as the old saying goes !!!

UNC won their game with Duke and are conference champions.

It has been raining steadily all night and flood watches are posted until tomorrow afternoon. We shut the gate to the upper pasture tonight, it would be too cold to swim after cows in the morning for sure. 3-4 inches of rain is possible with high winds.

Thankful tonight for the thirst quenching rain and the spring blessings it will bring.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Yes--boys will be boys... Poor little guy... He looks so pitaful...

Sorry the market isn't doing too well--but as you said, the cost of gas and food now is horrible.

We have had rain ALL day long. It has been steady but not too hard. We have a flood watch out --but so far, no flooding this time.. It's just been that slow, steady rain which I enjoy.

Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

Stay on high ground!

We have been blessed with rain, gulley-washing, chunk-floating rain.