Saturday, December 28, 2013

2003 MEMORIES AND A SAD FAREWELL

Up early and headed to market on another 21 degree morning. It's a good thing the rain that is headed our way didn't get here sooner than expected !!
Market was a lonely place for awhile this morning but as the temps warmed the customers also warmed up and I had a decent day.
This is the beginning of a big slow down in my business for the next at least three months. I am always glad for the rest but I do miss the extra income !
Our market manager Elaine has been put into ICU at the hospital she has been in since before Christmas so we are still praying for her return.
Daughter came in to help after basketball practice.After getting me loaded up she headed home to get a shower before going to her old college to watch a basketball game.
I made a stop at Aldi for some groceries and then headed home.
Hubbie helped me unload and then we went to visit my ex sister in law at the house #2 son is buying from her. It was good to see her and talk with her as she packed up the few things that she has left.
She was glad that #2 son got the house and I think he will be happy there. It is a beautiful house.
Hubbie and I came home to get the chores done before the rain got here.
A nice relaxing Saturday night was a treat tonight as we just sat around.  This December has been a whirlwind and it is nice to breath a relaxed sigh of satisfied relief.
I need to finish up the December decade pics with the 2003 photos. This is our tree that year.
This a picture of Pepper our dog who was a faithful companion for many years after being rescued from the middle of the road in a blind curve one day after a noisy thunderstorm.
After checking all around to find an owner she became one of the sweetest dogs we've ever had. She died of old age a few years ago.
I was selling at market back then and this is me talking with a customer during the Christmas season.
Christmas memories seem to be a little more special for some reason,maybe its the warm fuzzy feeling the season brings coupled with the memories.
On another memorable note tonight comes the announcment that a favorite lighting display will be coming to an end in our area. 
This man and his wife, Mr. & Mrs. Levi have for over 40 years decorated their entire yard and let folks drive through to look at their light displays. You can see in this pic that the inside of their home must have been decorated as well.
Mr. Levi made most of the wooden displays in his wood shop over the years.


If you have followed my blog long I know you have seen some of these before as I have always enjoyed his displays such as this one with a definite message.
Due to some recent health concerns this will be the last year for this elaborate display of lights here in our small community and it will surely be missed.
Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Levi for all the wonderful memories you have given us over the last 40 years. We will celebrate your retirement with you and pray that God blesses you with many more years.
Praising the Lord tonight for all the special folks He has put in my life !!
Good Night and God Bless






1 comment:

linda m said...

Those are are some great pictures and wonderful memories. Blessings