Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MORE CAKE BAKING

After getting g-son to school I made a quick trip to Walmart for some more dark brown sugar and milk for my icings today then hurried home to meet the Direct TV man.
He came shortly after I arrived and was a very nice man and seemed very knowledgeable about what we needed. He got the old TV boxes switched and then put up a new bigger dish and installed the new HD box for our new TV. He worked almost 2 hours on getting things set up.
I iced 6 caramel cakes while he worked.  I had planned to do some laundry but will wait on that.
After he left I had an early lunch and started baking cake layers again. I baked another 60 layers for 30 more caramel cakes.
I took all the stuff off the shelves in the living room today and dusted them ready for the Christmas decor that goes on them.
I picked g-son up from school and he was very tired, he didn't sleep well last night and it showed as he almost went to sleep on the way home.
He ate his mac and cheese and then his dad came after him early to go to the dentist.
I did some more decorating and carried more plastic containers down to the porch so I wouldn't have to get out in the rain that is beginning tonight and do it tomorrow.
We are in for a roller coaster ride with our temperatures to start off this December.
The third winter storm of the season is poised to bring us the cooler temps and rain this weekend.
It has already hit the western states pretty hard with snowfall.
Daughter's basketball team won both their games tonight as they travel to Polk County High School.
I spent the evening again icing caramel cakes. I only got 18 iced tonight before my back and legs gave out on me. Tomorrow is another day !!
I am tired tonight and can feel the extra work I am doing this week all over my body. It has began to rain outside pretty hard and the temps are still hanging around 50 degrees at 11:00 after getting into the mid 50's under an all cloudy sky today.
Aaron and Rebekah got home from their Thanksgiving trip to Ohio tonight and I thank God for traveling mercies for them as they got to spend time with family.
Thankful for all the blessings from the Lord and for the birth of His perfect baby boy that saved us from our sins.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

When you feel tired just think of the extra money you will bring in. Our winter has started out mild but now the cold weather is going to set in. I don't like the cold but will take that over snow any day. I am thankful for God's love and for giving us His son Jesus. Blessings