Monday, December 16, 2013

SHADRACK'S CHRISTMAS

After we got g-son to school and our morning chores done hubbie and I decided to check out new matresses. We badly need a new one for our bed as the old one has two deep holes where we both sleep at night.  We are thinking about getting a memory foam mattress but after trying them out can't decide on a really firm one or a plush medium firm one.  We will take a couple days to think about it and do a little more research.  We have a California king size bed frame so everything we buy for it is expensive.
Back home after a stop at Walmart for dogfood,we ate lunch of yesterday's left-overs.
I spent the afternoon finally completing all my decorating outside and got everything plugged in or ready to plug in.
It wasn't quite dark when I finished but they show up pretty good.

Frosty the snowman says welcome into our home for the holidays !

I picked up g-son at school and he was really hungry because his class didn't have time to eat their snack this afternoon.
Hubbie worked at finishing hauling all the wood that was cut down when the power lines were moved this evening.
God provided some of His own colorful lighting tonight.

After chores #1 son's family and Rebekah and Evy picked me up and we went over to the agricultural center in Fletcher to drive through this new display of lights.
 This is the first year that this has come to our area and it was a gorgeous show of lights that bounced and flashed to the rhythm of the songs on a special radio station we were directed to tune into.
The twelve days of Christmas were on display and I thought this one of the four "calling birds" was hysterical !
 Six  "geese a layin" !!
Twelve "drummers drummin" !!
All the lights were beautiful and I cannot imagine setting all these lights up and keeping them all lit and working.
As you can see in one of the pics of my lights above a small space of my icicle lights have already went out along with some lights on the bottom of one of my trees. They were burning the first night and not the second,oh well in the after Christmas sales I'll replace them for next year.
It cost $18 with a coupon to go through this light display but the awe on g-son's face was more than worth the price of the ticket.
It took about an hour to get through the displays and that was all little Evy wanted of her night out !!
It was a wonderful evening of holiday fascination!
Grateful to God for the blessings of the day and for the birth of His precious Son.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a great light display... There's a place near Hendersonville (TN) that has something like this. My friend who lives there always takes her grandchildren through it.

Love your outside lights.. They are so pretty and look so festive...

Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

I love those big light displays. They do one near my house and we went to one once when I visited my son in GA. They are truly awesome and kids faces just light up better than the lights. Your house decorations look so pretty; you do a great job of decorating. Merry Christmas and God bless you.