Friday, December 27, 2013

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ???

Well that miraculous healing I was hoping for didn't come but I do feel better this morning. However that severe pain during a coughing spell yesterday has spread all around my left rib cage and down into my hip so much that I could hardly stoop to get my left foot into my jeans,uhhhh !!!!
After moving around a bit I found at least I could function normally.
Rebekah called just as I was reaching for my phone to call her. I told her there was no way I thought I could do the Biltmore House with this painfull side and still yelping loudly when I cough today.
I hate that so much as I was really looking forward to spending the day with her and her cousins and of course little Evy.
Oh well there will be other days and trips I'm sure.
After tightening a wide elastic belt around my mid section I did chores and had breakfast.
I am behind on our weekly paperwork and bill paying and today I need to deliver a coconut cake to a friend who works at the bank so I spent the rest of the morning catching up paperwork. Hubbie went to the feed store to re-stock our animal feed.
When he got back he drove me into town as I still feel sort of fuzzy headed. We mailed the bills,delivered the cake and did the banking then since I was feeling better than yesterday made a couple after Christmas sale stops. Still only found a couple small things.  Just don't see the deals the news people are talking about !!
Back home I spent some time with the heating pad on my ribs and hip. I'm still yelping with pain at each cough.
#2 son came by to say he was closing on his new house next Friday. Not what he wanted but the lawyer was out of town until then and that's why they couldn't close before the end of the year. That 3 days is probably going to carry a hefty price tag for son,unfortunately.
Daughter came by to bring her baked goods for tomorrow. She has basketball practice in the morning so she will come and help me around lunchtime.
After chores and supper I iced caramel,chocolate and coconut cakes, got everything wrapped and ready for market.
Thankful tonight that I am feeling much better.
Sometimes I see things that really put things into proper perspective for me and this story on weather.com showing what some folks went through this past year did just that for me. I am very thankful each day for the Lord's blessings on my life. But I see pics like these and I wonder if  this were me would I still be that thankful person ???
This is a mother searching for her children after the China earthquake this year.
 This is a mother from Australia with her children running from a massive wild fire,taking refuge in the only place she deemed safe.    Prayers answered here they all survived !
This man searches for his wife and child after a mud slide in Mexico this past summer.
This stressed little girl walks away from her grandparents destroyed house in Oklahoma that was leveled by a tornado.
How would you react to a disaster of this magnitude ??
 I would hope that God would give me the grace to humbly turn to Him in the face of my peril. He has all the answers, we just have to ask the right questions !!
Good Night and Gos Bless.


2 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Carolina Nana,

I'm so happy to hear you're starting to feel better.

I've reacted fast in several disasters, most recently the Moore / Norman tornadoes. With these last tornadoes, we had less than 15 minutes to react. Hunker down in something safe, or jump in your vehicle and run for your life. After what seems a life time for the tornadoes to pass, you grab your first aid kits, shovels, chain saws, a means of communication, hop in your vehicle and help those in need.

Another incident was hurricane Andrew. Our roof raised on the home we were hunkering down in. Our childhood home on Homestead AFB was totally gone. Once again, we helped our neighbors, friends, and strangers. The goal was to make sure everyone who needed help was helped.
God gave me the strength to help during these incidents.

God Bless, and Happy New Year.

linda m said...

I don't know how I would react as I have never been placed in such a situation. I guess I would be praying to God for the strength to get through whatever. And place my life in His hands. Glad you are feeling a little better - take care of yourself and try not to over-do.