Saturday, December 7, 2013

CHRISTMAS PARADE

The alarm sounded an hour earlier than usual on a Saturday market day this morning. Thankfully the rain has passed and the sky is clear as we get ready for market.
The parking lot was almost empty when we got there so there was no challenge to find a spot close to the door.
The day was a slow one even with the parade traffic walking through.
Old Saint Nick had a beautiful day to make his appearance in town today.
I had some nice visits with friends who I haven't seen in a while who had come for the parade.
After market I made supplies stops at Aldi and Walmart before making it home around 4:00.
The weather is a little cooler but not as cool as the predictions as it is still around 50 degrees, but the nice sunshine makes it feel even warmer.
Our area is still under a freezing rain advisory from midnight tonight until tomorrow evening.
This is winter storm Dion who has wreaked havoc all across the country by causing a massive ice storm. Hopefully for us it will be only minimal icing and mostly rain although we are already saturated after the last storm dropped another 3/4" of rain on us last night.
I did chores then I was determined to get more decorating done along with some house cleaning.
With the help of hubbie I got the house cleaning done, got all the rugs switched out for Christmas ones and got all the trees up. They have no ornaments on them yet but they are up and ready for them.
Here is some of the things I did get finished tonight,that is unless I decide to change them !!!



 I am looking forward to slowing down a bit later next week and enjoying the Christmas season !
My goal for tomorrow is to get the decorating completely finished. Guess we'll see how that works out tomorrow.
Thanking God for the reason for this season, His wonderful Son !
Good Night and God Bless.




No comments: