Wednesday, March 12, 2014


As I was just ready to drop g-son off in the car rider line he started complaining of a bad stomach ache. I told him he might walk it off as he went into his class and if he didn't to have the teacher call me and I would come right back and pick him up. This seemed to calm him and his stomach down and as he started the walk to class I saw him stop and wait on one of his classmates to talk on the way in, which was a good sign.
I had Bernie and Dolly in the van also and took them straight into town to their grooming appointments.  I always feel so guilty for leaving them when I look into their big scared sad eyes and Dolly actually paws after me when the groomer takes her out of my arms.
Back home I did chores and had breakfast before doing some housework.
I also wanted to get the weekly paperwork done before I went back to pick the dogs up because the bank and PO are just up the street from the groomers.
After a quick lunch I had just finished juggling to get all this weeks bills payed when the groomer called and said they were finished.
I did the banking before I picked them up then I dropped the bills into the drive thru drop box at the PO on the way out of town.
They look really pretty after their pampering sessions.
The sun was shining and the temperature was in the low 60's but as I started out on a walk the wind was not very comfortable at all out there. The clouds were quickly taking over the deep blue sky.
I did notice on my shortened windswept walk that the crown vetch blooms are finally covering our driveway bank. And as you can see in the clouds photo there is beginning to be some green patches in the lawn grass.
I had to make a stop at Dollar General on the way to pick up g-son for some cleaning supplies. It cost me a lot less if I go before I pick him up !!!!???
He was in a great mood this afternoon and I discovered the reason for the sudden stomach ache this morning as he told me he had to be in a talent show today and sing a song. (that would make my stomach hurt too)
He was back to his old playful self this evening.
At chore time I turned the light on in the brooder box to help mama hen keep her 10 little chicks warm tonight when the temperature drops to around 20 degrees.
I had to bury one little one that didn't make it through the night last night but these 10 look pretty frisky.
I sat the other 2 setters in the condo boxes on all large eggs that hopefully were fertilized before I sold the rooster Monday.
The wind is scary out there tonight as the gust are up to 50 MPH which has already blew over several trees around the area.
Hubbie and I watched Survivor on TV tonight as we listened to gusty wind blow things around outside and heard limbs blow across our metal roofing.
Praying that there is no one hurt in this wind storm tonight.
Good Night and God Bless.


linda m said...

Isn't it funny how kids get "sick" when they have to do something they don't want to. Glad it was just a case of the jitters. I tried to go for a walk yesterday but the wind was blowing so hard and it was so cold I stayed inside and printed out some prayers I had found online. Blessings

Betsy Adams said...

Hi There, We are home from George's fabulous birthday trip. I will blog about it tomorrow. It was truly a trip we will be talking about for a VERY long time!!!!

Cold here today--but we didn't get any of that snow they said we might get last night.. I'm glad about that.

Those little chicks are so cute... Hope the weather warms up some for the weekend and next week.