Friday, March 14, 2014

WINDY, COOL FRIDAY

A ringing phone work me this morning, but it wasn't #1 son or d-in-love about bringing g-son, it was daughter, bringing grand-dog Tipper by to spend the day.
I went back to the warm bed and tried to snooze a little longer but Bernie and Dolly had other ideas so I got an early start to my Friday even without g-son going to school.
D-in-love's grandmother's funeral is today and they are all three are going to Lincolnton,NC to attend.
I spent the morning baking 6 caramel, 2 chocolate and 3 pound cakes.
After lunch I tried to walk outside but the sunny sky was misleading after I tried to walk facing the strong wind I decided to do  an inside walking video.
After a short break after the video I vacuumed and mopped all my floors.  I have discovered a downside to my cleaning mixture that I have been using on my laminate floors. The combination of vinegar,alcohol, water and dish detergent is really drying out the flooring.  So today I used Endust which contains lemon oil. It really brought out a nice shine but the floors were very slick. We had to be careful walking this evening.
As I did the evening chores and checked on the little chicks they are still doing very well with the light in there to help keep them warm.
I have plastic covering over the opening in the condo nesting boxes where the other two are setting and as I thought about removing it today I decided against it when I put my hand in there and felt how warm it was.
The high today was in the mid 50's but the wind kept it feeling like the low 40's all day.  Clouds moved in this evening in front of another winter storm that is bringing hopefully just rain to us Sunday and Monday.
With less than a week to go before "spring" officially arrives it still looks a lot like winter around here and most days feels like it also.
I iced my cakes tonight and got things ready for market tomorrow.
I am tired tonight and ready for a good night's sleep. My sinus are still bothering me when I lay down and I wake up with a sore throat each morning from breathing with my mouth open all night.
I am thankful for the blessings of today and saying a prayer for d-in-love and her family as they grieve the loss of Mary Lou.
Good Night and God Bless.


No comments: