Saturday, March 15, 2014

NEW ROOSTER IN THE HEN HOUSE

A nice warm, sunny market day but still slow business.  The Saturday before St. Patricks day brought out the green today.
I am thankful for the four orders I had today and everything else I did sell as I did better than most of my neighbors.I sold several aprons prompting me to get determined to get some sewing done this week !!
We have a new manager at market, her name is Debra Sawyer and I know she will do a great job. This is a picture of her at one of our old timey days making biscuits.
She is a personal friend of mine and we both share chickens and roosters sometime, like later today.
After market I stopped by Ingles to pick up fresh green beans and a cabbage for tomorrow's lunch.
Hubbie helped me unload the van then I had a snack and went outside to enjoy the fleeting sunshine on this 67 degree evening.  Debra (from above) and her husband who live up the road from us dropped an extra rooster they had off this evening and my ladies were glad to have a rooster in the hen house once a gain. Hopefully this one I think I will name "Speckles" won't be eating their eggs.
He is a handsome  Dominecker breed !!!!
And he seemed to make his self right at home with a lot of attention from my ladies.
After a nice visit Debra and Mark went on into town. I walked around the farm this evening and then sat in the outside patio and watched the sun go down as the sky clouded over.
This Plum tree has started blooming just in today's warm weather.

Checked in on these guys and they all seem to be doing great. I broke the remaining 4 eggs and only one wasn't fertilized and think she probably left the nest before the other 3 were ready to hatch.
Guess she thought ten babies were enough !!!
G-son was feeling under the weather today so he and his dad spent the day working on painting their front porch. D-in-love sent me this picture of him with his Basset hound named Abe.
A lady came after a cake order this evening making my total for the day very nice.
Tonight hubbie and I relaxed and enjoyed a quiet evening.
Thanking God for the blessings of this day and looking forward to worshiping Him tomorrow with my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Good Night and God Bless





3 comments:

Gail said...

Glad spring has reached you.

Hope the incoming weather mess passes you by.

linda m said...

Love hearing that Spring is in the air somewhere. It is snowing here in WI right now. Yesterday was a dreary,windy, cold day. Blessings

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of you---Pretty Lady!!!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Hope you escape the SNOW this time. We had rain ---and they say we might get a little snow tomorrow (but no accumulations I don't think).

Hugs,
Betsy