Tuesday, July 15, 2014

1964 BIRTHDAY

Hubbie needed a day off work and I needed someone to stay with g-son while I went to the gyn doctor today for my annual exam so that worked out well.
We both got up when g-son arrived and he took care of getting him breakfast while I did the chores a bit early.
I ate breakfast then headed to Asheville for my 10:15 appointment.  I got a very good report and a pat on the back for continuing to loose weight.
I stopped by Walmart on my way home to pick up some baking supplies.  I made it home with enough time to grab lunch and then head back out to deliver an order of 10 caramel cakes to Green River Preserve nature camp. As I came back home I had to wait until the construction guys loaded to large track hoe down on the road.
It was beginning to rain and they were stopping work for the day.
This afternoon while hubbie did outside odd jobs between showers and g-son still constructed lego projects I went down stairs to clean and I put all the dried oregano from last month in jars and bags to preserve it.
It rained off and on all afternoon with thunder in the distance but never getting close enough to cause us any trouble thankfully.
The cold front that is bringing Canadian air down into our area in mid July is causing all the unstable weather.
Record low temperatures are predicted for tomorrow night.
Rebekah and her sister who is visiting from Ohio walked over tonight for a short visit.
After supper ,chores and a relaxing break out in the patio I was ready for an early bedtime.
Back in 1964 I turned 10 years old and celebrated with my brothers and I apparently got a doll for a gift.



While I turned 10 years old my mother's sister Carol's oldest daughter got married that same month.
Thanking God for the good report at the doctor today and for my continuing good health.
Good Night and God Bless.


3 comments:

linda m said...

Congratulations on your good report from the doctor. We are experiencing the polar vortex right now. Night time temps are almost 15 to 20 degrees below normal. I remember those big dolls. Lucky you. Blessings

JMD said...

I always received dolls and wanted a chemistry set and books. Go figure. :-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Congrats on your good doctor's report and on your weight loss... Losing weight and keeping it off is a lifetime journey!!!

We love this cooler weather this week also... Wish we could bottle it up for August... ha

Hugs,
Betsy