Friday, July 11, 2014

BUSY FRIDAY OF BAKING AND CANNING

Up early to welcome g-son and a very busy Friday to end this week.  Hubbie is off today and he also has a long list of tasks to fill his day.
After we got g-son settled with breakfast we did the feeding chores and had our breakfast.
Hubbie went to work on his list of yard work and electric fence clearing, I took my morning walk before beginning my cake baking for the day.  I baked 18 caramel, 5 chocolate and 6 pound cakes.
Daughter and a friend from college who helped her pick blackberries this morning came by and picked the bush beans we left in the garden. Daughter is going to make some dilly beans with hers.
Her  friends name is Rebecca and she has a little 2 year old girl. They took g-son and went to have lunch at Chic-fa-la .
I broke the rest of the green beans for canning while I waited on a couple to come get some of the hens I am selling. They drove for over an hour to get here and their three kids wanted to stay and play around the farm, it was so cute.  They were replacing a couple hens for their neighbor that their dog had killed.
Rebekah and Evy came in to help finish the canning.  We canned 20 more quarts of beans and 1 of yellow squash to fill up the last canner. These are really good to make squash casseroles with.
After they left I did the evening chores and started my icing for the night.
 It has been a beautiful day but some clouds are making their way across the sky tonight.

I got in bed about midnight so it was a typical before market day Friday night. My legs and feet are aching tonight from being on them the entire day.  I'm glad to see bedtime come.
Grateful for the blessing of growing our own food and the many other blessings of the day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: