Friday, July 25, 2014


G-son was here early this morning but hubbie was off today and fixed him breakfast while I got chores done.  The sun is shining beautifully this morning.  This is going to be a busy day as we are getting ready to go on our yearly beach trip. This year we are going to a house on Ocean Isle beach on the coast of North Carolina. We have never stayed on this island before.
I had Evy for a while this morning as Aaron and Rebekah had a meeting to attend.  She likes her little rocking chair that was handed down from g-son.
Oops  !!!!

They played well together until her mom came to pick her up. I think they had every building block in the house out today.

While she was here hubbie made a cake delivery to Green River Preserve for me of 11 caramel cakes.
I had 4 pound cakes to bake for orders and 6 more caramel and a chocolate layer cake to ice this morning.
When hubbie got back from the delivery he got on the lawn mower.
I grabbed a quick lunch and then went outside to work on some of the things on my punch list that need to be done before we leave tomorrow.
I cleaned out the driveway ditches as Aaron had scraped the drive yesterday. It was an easy job as he didn't fill any of them in.  As I walked back up toward the barn I saw the blackberries hanging from the vines needing to be picked. This wasn't on my list but had to be done. I put 2 pan fulls in the freezer to quick freeze.
I gleaned the garden and then came inside to pack. This took up most of the afternoon. We are taking my van, Rebekah, #1 son, d-in-love g-son and Evy are taking Rebekah's expedition, Aaron is going to New Jersey to a sod convention, and #2 son and daughter are taking his truck.
We loaded the van mostly ,then aired all the bike tires up and got them ready to load in #2 son's truck.
He came by after work and Aaron and Rebekah brought over some things to go in his truck also. We got all that loaded then Enrigue, the youth leaded from our church came over to go over all his duties with us. He is staying at our house and taking care of the farm while we are gone.
We have never had someone stay here before as my sis-in-law Sandy has always came by daily and took care of the animals but she had major shoulder surgery 2 months ago and still can't lift more than a gallon of milk with that arm.  I didn't want to take a chance on her hurting herself over here this year.
After everyone had left we had more packing to do and more little jobs so we were up until midnight.
Whew sometimes I don't think the week off is worth the trouble it takes to get ready to go but then I get there and am very glad I went to the trouble to get ready to go.
God is so good and I am praying for His traveling mercies on my entire family tomorrow as we head out.
Good Night and God Bless.


No comments: