Friday, July 18, 2014

RAINY FRIDAY AND 1974 DECADE PICS

Woke to the sound of rain drops softly falling on the metal roof.  It is back to a normal morning with g-son here at 7 today.  Hubbie is off and got up to meet him and get him settled in with some breakfast.  I lazed for a few minutes hoping the rain would let up before I had to get outside to feed the animals their breakfast.
I gave up put on my rain coat and boots and headed out in the very cool morning. My hens weren't eager to get out of their warm dry houses, I didn't blame them.
After I had breakfast I baked cakes, 18 caramel, 1 chocolate, 5 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake. Speaking of blackberries ,daughter was going to pick early this morning but that didn't happen. It is a very bad idea to pick blackberries in the rain unless you are going to cook with them.
The workers down on the bridge are working in the rain today removing the old bridge. I hope no one decides to go around the road closed barricades now as they will drive off into the creek.

Hubbie went over to the barber's to get a haircut this morning and daughter and Rebekah picked up g-son to make a trip to the local library to break up the boredom of a rainy day.
Rebekah brought him home for lunch and then he played with some legos  and watched TV.
I organized some photos in my albums and caught up some little odd jobs. 
The slow rain continued all day leaving 1" in the gauge at choretime.
I iced cakes and got things ready for market this evening.
In July  1974 I had just bought a new Pontiac GT and made my first solo beach trip. I would drive down to Myrtle Beach for the weekend back then and not think a thing about it, now I need to stay several days just to get over sitting in the car for that long, haha.

My mother was a devoted Curb Marketer back then, like I am now. This is her at market in July 1974 in the lightest  yellow dress. They must have been having their 50 year celebration with the big cake in the picture.
 My mother is in this picture sitting just past the flowers where all the folks are standing.
It is still raining tonight as I turn the lights off and head for bed, wondering what we will wake up to in the morning?
Grateful for the strength God gives me each day and striving to glorify His name in all that I do.
Good Night and God Bless.


No comments: