Wednesday, July 16, 2014

COOLER WEATHER FEELS GOOD

A strange Wednesday morning without g-son today.  Daughter had to go to a teacher's workshop in Greensboro yesterday through Thursday so d-in-love took today off and her and g-son drove down to Greensboro last night to keep daughter company and explore some local fun things to do there.
They had hit the waterpark early and it looks like g-son is in "waterpark heaven" haha.


After finishing chores, breakfast and my morning walk/run I came back inside to start the baking for the day. I baked 18 caramel, 2 chocolate and 1 coconut layer cakes, 4 pound cakes and 1 blackberry wine cake before I had lunch. The house is strangely quiet this morning. I opened all the windows and doors and turned off the AC in anticipation of the expected cooler temperatures today and so far at noon it is only in the upper 70's.
After lunch I  dusted, vacuumed and mopped, then took a break in the nice clear sunshiny day.  I was still sweating sitting in the sun but it was not nearly as uncomfortable as it has been.  Talked to sis-in-law Sandy for a while on the phone while I rested. Her shoulder is getting much better thankfully after her surgery.
The progress is slow down on the road project, they only have a couple more weeks before their deadline is here.

Hubbie came home and he watched the news while I got the weekly paperwork started.  I am still juggling money to pay our weekly bills but I am thankful that we can pay them. I look to be more in the black starting next month as I finished paying off a large expense this month today !!
After chores and supper I iced cakes for the rest of the evening. Got to bed about midnight which is pretty normal for this time of year for me.
Talked to daughter and d-in-love tonight and they are enjoying their time together. D-in-love is leaving early in the morning and driving directly to work ,g-son is staying with daughter and going to her last workshops with her in the morning, then they will go somewhere fun and come home tomorrow evening. Praying for a decision that d-in-love is making that it will work out for her in her best interest.
Grateful for the many blessings of this day and looking forward to what God has in store for my family in the coming days.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: