Tuesday, July 29, 2014


Woke on  regular time this morning and slept better last night even though my back is still hurting some and sore from the not so great mattress on the bed.
Rebekah got an earlier wake up call than anyone today as Evy wanted to get up at 6:45.
G-son also woke earlier than usual.  When I got down to breakfast about 7:45 #2 son and d-in-love were also up as well as hubbie.  Daughter was up shortly after.
We all had breakfast then daughter and I took Dolly and Bernie for a short walk on the beach.  They have to be off the beach by 9:00 because there is an ordinance that no dogs are allowed on the beach between 9am and 9pm.
When we got back to the house #2 son and hubbie were getting ready to go bike riding so we decided to go with them instead of going on a walk/run.
All four of us rode around the end of the island then daughter and I decided to ride to the pier which is 2 to 3 miles down the road.
We looked around the little shops and wished we had some money with us for a slushie one shop offered, we will need to come back.
We rode back and found everyone on the beach except Rebekah and Evy who were taking naps.
We changed and went to the beach.  G-son was loving the nice sunny but not so hot day we were having. Everyone pretty much has to "tag team" him in the ocean as he seems to never wear out from riding those waves.
Love the Sea Gull in this pic !!!

Rebekah and Evy soon joined us .  Evy was a little more timid today than Sunday about getting in the water. But soon she was out there smiling with her mom.

We came in for lunch and a brief rest before heading right back out for more beach sun and fun for the afternoon.

D-in-love looks like she is enjoying the aftetrnoon.

We decided tonight we would do a "low country boil" so Hubbie, daughter, Rebekah and I went to the grocery for vegetables and a local seafood market to get some fresh crabs and shrimp for the boil.
Back home we put two big pots on the stove filled with potatoes, carrots, onions, corn on the cob, sausage, crab legs  and shrimp with spices.  #1 son brought his little gas grill to the back deck and cooked the live blue crabs out there.

We had a feast for sure and everyone ate their fill with some left over.
I'm glad Rebekah got to taste Blue Crab and #1 son and her ate all 6 of those as no one else thinks it is worth all the work to get the little bit of meat in each crab out even though it is delicious.

After I got all the dishes washed since the dishwasher doesn't work Hubbie, daughter, #2 son and I ventered out again for a long walk on the beach to walk off some of those calories from that big supper.  A wind direction change is bring northern water in and you can see it taking over the nice blue waters we have had for the last couple days. The water is cooler than it has been also.

.When we got back Rebekah had mopped the floor and the seafood smell was finally leaving the house.  Next year we will make room for an outside cooker.
I came upstairs to get my bath and blog while the rest of the family watched a movie.
Another fabulous day at the beach ends with a colorful sunset and moon rise.

Grateful to God for all the blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless

No comments: