Wednesday, July 29, 2015


Seems eerily quiet around here this morning after the last two days of three kids running around !!
After feeding chores and breakfast I read my devotions and then decided to get to my baking for the day. I baked 6 more caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 coconut, 8 pound and 1 blackberry wine cakes.
I stopped in the middle of this and had to turn the ovens off while I took Dolly to the groomers.I thought about not taking her as there is a canine flu that is going around right now but they assured me they were sterilizing things after each dog.  She really needs a haircut and I just don't see time in the anywhere near future for me to do her myself.
She wasn't as scared today as sometimes in the past. I take her to Petco just out the road now and they always only keep her about 2 hours. It is handy for me only about 5 minutes out the road and I called Monday and got an appointment for today.
I came home turned the ovens back on and finished my baking about 3:00, just before they called me to come back and pick Dolly up.  She looks so cute after her grooming.

I tried to print something off my printer and had to work on it until hubbie got home.
At 4:30 Heather a girl that I have hired to stay here and watch after all the animals and house while we are on vacation came by for her walk through. She went to school with daughter and is such a sweet girl. We have known her family for many years.
After she left d-in-love came by on her way to VBS and fixed my computer.
Ha when they come in and push a couple buttons and fix something I feel so stupid !!!
She was on her way to take g-son and EL to VBS. I miss going this year so much, but time just didn't allow it with getting ready to go on vacation and the extra bakery orders for the week.
This is g-son (in the red old Navy shirt) and his class.
 After chores hubbie fried some fresh okra to go with our fresh tomatoes for supper , yummmm !!
I tried to pick some fresh green beans but there is just not any coming back on the drying vines.
I did weekly paperwork and then iced cakes until 11:00 before it was time to get ready for bed.
Whew !!! another busy day in the books for this summer.
D-in-love went to the doctor this morning and this a wonderful photograph of my new grand daughter as she looks right out at us.
Amazing what these ultrasound images show these days.

As usual I am blogging between customers at market and back dating this post.
Thankful for the strength God gives me each day and striving to glorify Him in all that I do.
God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Sounds like many blessings to me.

Have a wonderful weekend.