Friday, July 24, 2015

JULY BLOOMERS

Another busy Friday on tap today. I got the chores done and had breakfast then decided I needed my morning walk to commune with the Lord today.
Seems I am letting myself get overwhelmed with all the work, heat and expectations of this time of year once again. Every year this happens , usually about a month or so later than this but since we haven't had our  usual July vacation break I think the feeling is coming a bit earlier this year, plus there is a lot more going on this year.
The heat and drought of this month has hampered a lot of the blooming flowers but this Crepe Myrtle in the back yard is splendid this year.
I am still very pleased with these trailing Geraniums that I bought last spring.

My Crown of Thorns is slow to bloom this year. Maybe I'm not carrying water regularly enough !!
On the front porch stair rail these bright Morning Glory beauties greet me each day and put a smile on my face to start the day.

I came inside feeling more refreshed and baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake before lunch time.
G-son came to stay this afternoon while his mom went shopping. He has a runny nose and doesn't feel like going anywhere today.
He is a handsome little guy even if he is mine !!!
This afternoon I took a soapy dishpan up to the hen lots and did their dishes !!!  All the waterers get a yucky coating of green slim in the heat of the summer days so they have to have their dishes done !
After g-son went home I did chores and rested a little while out in the covered patio with my big camera.
I saw this guy fly over to this fence post. I don't know what kind of hawk he is but I am glad he is in the bottom pasture instead of up here terrorizing my hens !! I was hoping to have clear enough pics to identify him but he was too far away even with the 300mm lens.


There was some clouds around tonight and they gave us about 1/10ths inch of rain just as darkness fell.

Daughter continued her beach fun today as she caught this baby shark while surf fishing.

I iced all the cakes and made it to bed around midnight.
I, as usual am typing this between customers at market on a busy Saturday market day.
God Bless





No comments: