Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CHANGES MAYBE BE COMING ???

Had a rude awakening this morning at 6am by a pinging sound. It scared me because it kind of sounded like the door alarms. As I cautiously headed down the hall. At least it is daylight !!!  I followed the beeping sound to one of my atomic clocks that has had the batteries replaced recently.  The alarm on the clock was going off,  whew !!!
I cut it off and went back to bed but sleep was fleeting for the remaining time before the real alarm sounded.
After chores and breakfast I took my morning walk. I stopped and pulled the weeds around my newly planted hostas and lilies below the chicken lot fence working up a sweat by the time I got back inside. While I cooled off and read my Bible I saw something out of the corner of my eye at the window and saw this little guy flit down to the Butterfly Bush blooms. These pics are surprisingly good taken through the glass and screen of the window.



I reluctantly went inside the kitchen and got my baking started. I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 6 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake.
Typically the week after a holiday is always slow at market and with the 90's creeping back into the forecast it won't be a great selling day I'm afraid. But I never know so I bake and hope for the best.
The clouds have ruled most of the day and finally late afternoon the rain began to fall. I was hopeful by the way it started out that we would get a significant amount but after only a few minutes and only 2/10ths inch the lone thunder shower passed on by. I am thankful for any amount of rain that puts off my watering duties another day !!
I did weekly paperwork and finished closing out the June monthly totals which were much better than any month so far this year. This year I think the busy season is going to be more pronounced than any previous years.
When hubbie got home we watched the early news and then did chores before having a light salad supper. When it is this hot outside I am just not that hungry.
Re called and said she was feeling really bad and running a fever. This is scary because she has mosquito bites.   Prayerfully she is just over worked and will get better fast.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Poor Bernie is having a bad evening we can't figure out what happened to make him so nervous.
He won't do anything but sleep in his covered bed in the bedroom. He wouldn't even get on the foot of our bed where he always sleeps.
The vet didn't give us a time frame for him but I have a feeling his heart is failing pretty fast.
We received a notification letter from Duke Power company that could change our life completely in the coming months if the route for the major power line comes through our property.  We will be attending a meeting soon that will have the prospective routes mapped out. Duke says the decision will be made by November as to which route is chosen. 
I have turned it over to my loving , gracious Lord and am resting in the comfort that He knows best in all this and everything else in my life.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying that Re gets over her sickness soon.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: