Wednesday, July 1, 2015

BUSY FIRST DAY OF JULY

Up and out to get my "kick butt" days of the week in this new month of July started.  After chores and breakfast I took a walk in the hazy muggy morning. Or I guess I should say "smokey" morning as on the news they said this haze is actually smoke from a large brush fire burning in western Canada that is being pulled into our area by the dipping jet stream.


As I walked past the garden I took this pano of our July 1st production. We are getting squash,cucumbers,peppers so far . We do have some lettuce that is still tender and some onions that need to be pulled and dried plus of course the potatoes.


I also made this picture from our outside patio where hubbie and I try to end each busy day with a cup of hot coffee or tea and a much needed relaxation, winding down time.


Back inside I baked 12 caramel, 4 chocolate and 4 pound cakes to gear up for a busy holiday time.
Daughter came by from picking 13 gallons of blackberries, whew !!!  She did have some help from her "little sister" Katyln and her grandmother.
We made a menu for our Fourth of July cookout Saturday with Josh's family coming here.
Hubbie came in from work and we watched the news as the rain tried to start outside without much success, leaving only a trace in the gauge by dark.
Another shark attack off the coast of Okracoke ,NC today brings the total for our state to 7 since the first of June.
After paperwork and bill paying for the week was done I spent the remainder of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market. It was still a late 12:30 am before I made it to bed, whew !!
Thanking God for the blessings of this day and for the amazing love He shows me each and every day.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: