Friday, September 11, 2015

14 YEARS AND THE MEMORY IS STILL VIVID


Up to get this Friday started with all the victims of this day 14 years ago on my mind. After chores I had breakfast , which I enjoyed out in the sun room on this nice cool 66 degree cloudy morning.
I need to refill my bird feeders and start attracting my feathered friends back into my yard. I haven't put any seed out for a while to try to discourage a barrage of grey squirrels that made my yard their home last time I filled the feeders.
I called my beautician friend for a hair cut hoping for a morning appointment but the earliest she had was 1:30. I started baking cakes instead of taking my morning walk so I could finish before 1:30.
Hubbie came in from work as he took 1/2 day off to help our neighbor Scott ( the dad of the daughter I talked about last night), cook 300 lbs of Boston butts for our church's block blast tomorrow. We usually feed close to 1000 people.
They had to go pick up the meat and pick up another cooker from another church member to fit it all in as Scott only has one cooker. They worked all day at getting these cooked just right.
I baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and 2 blackberry wine cakes.
I got my hair cut and had a nice visit with Markeeta my long time friend / beautician. She had redone her waiting room in her shop since I had been there and it was so pretty.
I came back home and had to refire the ovens for a couple more pound cakes to finish the baking for the day.
D-in -love sent me these pics of grand daughter ,she has such chubby cheeks she is so cute !!
 Son's boss told him to take the rest of the week off so he is getting to enjoy his daughter.
Sunshine has been scarce today and the clouds really looked mean this evening as I finished chores and tried to sit outside but the cool wind and blowing rain ran me inside.
The distant thunder and lightening sounded pretty intense and canceled the foot ball game in town between North Henderson and Hendersonville after lightening forced the evacuation of the stadium twice. Daughter and Josh were there and she said it was really bad and close lightening. We were lucky here and just managed to get 2/10ths inch of rain out of the entire line of storms that passed through between 7 and 8 o-clock tonight.
Another cold front that is bringing our first taste of real Fall temps could bring more rain tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will not dampen the Block Blast at church but the cooler temps will be really nice.
I spent the evening icing my cakes and getting things ready for market.

Praying tonight for the families of the 3000 victims of the attack that changed America forever.

I am grateful for another day of undeserved blessings from our loving Lord .
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: