Thursday, September 17, 2015


G-son was in deep thought this morning on the way to school. When I asked him what he was thinking about he asked, "why is your forehead called a forehead?" , To which I had no answer except maybe because it goes before the rest of your body. In reply to that he assured me that wasn't it because it wasn't called your "before" head just your "fore"head.  I let him ponder the rest of the way to school.
Back home I did chores and headed out to market.  Today was a very slow day even though there were several bus loads that stopped by the market. Typically these bus passengers don't buy anything because they don't have room to put it on the bus.
I am thankful for what I did sell.
I left market and ran the regular errands. I was quickly making my baking supplies stops so I could meet d-in-love and the kids at daughter's volleyball game.
I made it home at 3:30 and got things put away. I headed out to school at 4:00 only to find no game and an empty gym.  There were several Pisgah folks coming in so I knew I wasn't the only one expecting a game today.
I finally got in touch with daughter and she said the game was going to start at 5:00.
After letting d-in-love know the delay I went back home to have an early supper.
Hubbie came in from work just as I left for the game.
This little sweetie pie slept through all the noise and excitement of her first volleyball game.G-son sat at the top of the bleachers and played games on d-in-love's phone during the game.

Daughter's JV team won their game but had 2 really close matches which daughter's facial expressions show.

D-in-love took the kids home after the JV game because g-son had homework and g-daughter got hungry.
Daughter helps the varsity team warm up. They were playing Pisgah high school.
 The varsity team also won their game in 3 sets so it made for a short night.
In this picture the photographer took I am sitting to the right of the outstretched arms in the black top with my red bag in front of me and d-in-love and g-daughter are beside me.

I came home after the first match of the varsity  so I could get the animals fed on a regular time.
I also talked with an old school mate and friend who is a photographer about photoing daughter's wedding next summer. We are meeting with him Monday evening.
After getting the chores done I sat outside in the cool evening air.
Today has been back to summer after a cool 47 degree start it got to 81 this afternoon. In the next few days looks like summer is returning, I thought the early Fall temps were to good to last !!!

There was a beautiful orange cresent moon tonight but before I could figure the settings out on my camera for a picture the moon dropped behind the mountains,boooo !!!
Thankful tonight for all the blessings of this day and praising God's name all day long.
Good night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

Wish I could have sat outside last night. We had a full night of thunderstorms all night long. Hopefully it cools down again as I am so looking forward to Fall. Have a great weekend. Blessings