Friday, September 25, 2015

RAINY DAY AND BUSY 2005 SEPTEMBER

A rare rainy morning makes me just want to snuggled deeper under the covers and listen to the relaxing sound of the rain on the roof.
But there are animals to feed, so off I go to get this day started.
After slogging through chores in the pouring rain I was glad to get back inside. I'm still not complaining as we need this rain really badly and it is coming at a great time before the dry leaves start piling up on the dry ground.
I spent the morning baking cakes, I have no idea whether we will have Old Timey Day tomorrow or not so I'm not going crazy baking a bunch of things.
I did bake 12 caramel, 1 chocolate, 2 pound and 1 apple wine cake.
My lower oven is still playing games with me and shutting down in the middle of baking time at least once a day, grrrrrr.
After having a late lunch I looked for a rainy day activity and decided to finish editing my latest blog book and getting it sent off to the publisher.
I even found a 25% off coupon so I went ahead and ordered it, completely getting done with the first 3 months of this year.
I also decided to get out the apple peelings and cores from the apple butter making Tuesday and get some apple jelly made.
This is the prettiest apple jelly I have ever made. It must be the dark red peels of the Hoover apples that gives it this deep pink color.

G-son came to have supper with hubbie and I while his mom went shopping this evening. He said school was going great this year .
He kept following his nose into the kitchen to see what smelled so good while I was making the jelly.
His dad picked him up when he came in from work.
After evening chores, again in the rain, I emptied 2 inches from the gauge from last night and todays totals.  It also has been a really cool day at 63 degrees.
This is a good time to get a really long decade post done. In September 2005 we were a very busy family.
#1 son's best friend, Chad, from high school married a friend of daughters, Brianna, who graduated high school with her and had become very good friends with d-in-love ( who actually wasn't d-in-love yet at that time).   It was a lovely wedding and we went to Chad's parents to have a BBQ for the reception. Everyone had a wonderful time.

  Chad was not happy with his uncles and the decorating job they did on his truck.
#1 son and d-in-love after the ceremony.
#1 son who had been living in our rental trailer with Chad moved back home so the newly married couple could have a place to live.
He and d-in-love were planning their wedding in December and he was working on their homesite that month on property we gave him.


#1 son got a lot of help from his cousin Bobby who also worked for Zach and his friend Chad after he got back from a honeymoon cruise.

This is Zach King who he worked for back then and is now back working for him.
Here the girls and #2 son check out the work progress.
Another exciting thing that was going on back then was the completion of our new church sanctuary.
This is for memory purposes as I want to remember the history of our church as compiled at that time and the involvement of my grandfather, uncles, aunts and cousins as our church grew though the years.







I guess that is all for this long blog post.
I am grateful for the role God has had in my life as my family has ebbed and flowed over the years and am so grateful for the generous blessings from  above.
Good Night and God Bless.





                                                                        

No comments: