Tuesday, January 5, 2016

HAIRCUT AND BALLGAME DAY

Whew !!! 7am comes earlier each day but I think I am getting used to it already as I was already awake this morning before the alarm sounded. When g-daughter got here I got her settled in her swing and back in dream land then I went outside and did the morning chores earlier than usual since EL is coming this morning after her mom worked all night.
It was good to see the sun this morning with the 22 degree temperature.
Back inside I snuggled with the 4-legged kids on the couch to await EL. At 8am got a text from Re that she came home at 1am so she would be keeping both kids today. I relaxed and dosed off for a few more minutes before having breakfast.
As I finished breakfast I noticed my "to call" list for today and called the Sears repair service about getting my repair money refunded since they can't fix the oven. After over an hour with these people they made another repair appointment since the tech didn't note that I should be eligible for a refund of my money and he needed to say that in his notes. Hopefully he can just tell them that without making another trip out here but who knows. This is the craziest thing I have dealt with in a while !!
Anyway that blew most of my plans for the morning and g-daughter was awake and hungry so after feeding her I did get the kitchen and dining room Christmas trees all down and put away after I did an energizing walking video.
I called my friend/hairdresser and she made me a lunchtime appointment so when hubbie comes in for lunch he can stay with g-daughter instead of having to drag her out in the cold, 34 degree temps.
When I got back from my haircut  I had a late lunch and put g-daughter down for her afternoon nap.
While she napped I put more decorations away. One more day and I should have all this done !!!
When d-in-love came in with g-son she fed g-daughter while g-son had his after school snack then we headed out to school to watch daughter's JV team play Pisgah high school.
G-daughter amazes me at how she follows the action up and down the court already !!!
But when g-son brought in a piece of fresh hot pizza that definitely captured her attention !!!

Despite daughter's intense coaching efforts they lost by a healthy margin today but still have a 7-3 win-loss record which is pretty good for a team of freshmen,some who have never played basketball before.


D-in-love and I came home after we talked with daughter a few minutes and I did chores. It is amazing already how much longer daylight is in the afternoons now !!!
Tonight is supposes to be even colder than the previous two nights so everything got a little extra feed tonight before going to roost and bed.
Spent the evening catching up some "to dos" and blogging.
My goal is to ease my bedtime a bit earlier each night for my earlier mornings. I would like to get my day started earlier and that would allow more time to get things done each day.  I used to actually enjoy taking g-son to school because it got my day off to an early start and morning is my favorite time of day. I don't know why with that said that I have never been an early riser without a purpose!
Grateful to God for the blessings of this day and for the love of my Heavenly Father and His guidance in my life.
God Bless and Good Night.






1 comment:

linda m said...

I have never been a "willing" early riser. Now I am up at 4:00AM with hubby to get him off to work. Then I go back to bed and sleep until about 6:30AM. Of course we do go to bed very early at night - 8:30 - 9:00. Your g-daughter sure is getting big. Blessings