Saturday, January 2, 2016

SLOW POST HOLIDAY MARKET DAY

Up to a cold morning today with ice breaking chores to do before market. The ice was thin with the 27 degree overnight low.
The sun is shining brightly and the new year has a refreshing feel to it already !!
Off to market with only a few things that were left over from Thursday. Today is predicted to be a non-existant after the holiday sales day.
I have to pick up a new schedule with only Saturday market days now. My two shopping days a week turn to one and on Saturdays that gives me the opportunity to get home early enough to spend some relaxing time or do other fun shopping.
Thursdays will still be my shopping and errand day so I will know what kind and how many orders to get things to bake on Fridays for.
Today as I headed home I decided to make a quick stop in JC Penny's to check out a bra sale they are having. My favorite bra is their "Underscore" bras. Today they were on sale for $12.99 plus an additional 25% off at the register. I also found a couple nice sweaters and a new really warm looking throw to match all the animal prints in the sunroom.
I made it home at 3:00 and hubbie helped me unload what little I had left.
Hubbie went back to his wood gathering and I started de-decorating .

This is kind of a sad time of year. I hate to see the Christmas decorations come down especially this year as I haven't found time to sit and enjoy them as much as I would have liked but it is time to get things back to normal and the sooner they all come down the sooner I will be able to sit and relax without looking around at all I need to do !!!
I got most of the sunroom decor down and packed away this afternoon before it was chore time.
After chores and a supper of left overs from yesterday hubbie and I watched the news and then relaxed for the evening.
Daughter went to the UNC / Georgia Tech basketball game in Chapel Hill today . A trio of her players wanted to go to a ballgame so daughter met them there this morning.

She and Josh left yesterday and spent the night with his brother who lives closer to Chapel Hill. Their seats were pretty high but she said they could see pretty good and they all had a great time. It was a good game and UNC won.
We have had Tipper and Zoey (Josh's dog) since yesterday morning and they have been very well behaved. Hubbie went up to #2 son's house at lunch today and took their little new puppy out for a walk. He is missing his mother and litter mates pretty badly right now at only 6 weeks old.


Today has felt more like a winter day with temps in the mid 40's and tonight is supposed to hit the mid 20's for more normal temperatures.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love and grace of the Lord .
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: