Friday, November 25, 2016

BACK TO THE FRIDAY ROUTINE

Ahhhhh At least one morning of this holiday period to get to sleep in a little. I needed it this morning as I had a coughing fit last night and didn't get back to sleep until I got up and took one of hubbie's cough gels and rubbed Vicks vaper rub on the bottoms of my feet. Don't know which stopped the cough but I'm grateful to finally have had some restful sleep.
I did chores and had breakfast while planning the day. G-daughter was coming this morning but there was a change of plans so hubbie headed outside to tackle the leaves once again .
He had to wear his mask for all the dust he was making.

I stayed inside and baked cakes all morning. I baked 12 caramel and 2 pound cakes. I have no idea what market will be like tomorrow at out Old Timey Christmas celebration.
I trimmed some Boxwood bushes I have in the yard and put the stems in a vase of water to hopefully soak up some water before I decorate with them.

Looks like old times around here this evening with hubbie in the pasture with the cattle and horse putting out a roll of hay.
Daughter and Josh along with a couple of Josh's brothers and their families went to the UNC / NC State football game today.


The "Ram" mascot left sad today as UNC lost 28-21 to State.
This day has been another warm, dry, sunny day around here to extend our no measurable rainfall days to 48 here on our farm.  There were a few clouds banking around this evening just enough to make for a pretty sunset.

I made a cake delivery this evening to a friend who wanted to get a jump on the weekend traffic and head back to Florida early tomorrow.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for the first Christmas season selling day at market.
Thankful for all the blessings God showers down on me each day and thankful for His protective arms around the family.
God Bless and Good Night.