Saturday, November 26, 2016

OLD TIMEY CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE

Got up an hour earlier today to get to market early for the Old Timey Christmas celebration we are having.
As I pulled into the parking lot I was glad we did come early as there were lots of customers already there at 8:30.
I had a really good selling day, selling lots of crafts as well as baked goods today. This is me in my Christmas attire for the day.
I finished my Christmas decorations on my table except I forgot to bring some lights to string up. I can still do that next week.
We all baked cookies to add to the cheese and crackers and hot apple cider that was served for free refreshments and lots of folks came out to enjoy the festivities.


Even Santa made an appearance for a little while to the joy of the many children that were there.
The county Heritage Museum set up on the tables beside me and sold collectable ornaments , the county monopoly game and mugs. I bought one of the ornaments for my tree this year.
Everyone enjoyed the day and sales for most vendors were good.
After market I met daughter at Belks to check out the sales they are having this weekend.
She and I both found several things and both got a pair of new boots at their special $19 prices. This is where most of my boots come from.
We shopped until we were both tired and I had to get home to get chores done before dark.
Hubbie helped me unload and then we did chores and ate supper while watching the news. The weather forecasters are all sure there is rain coming our way next week. I just hope they are correct.
Our area could get 4inches or more over a three day period which would be great. I know all the firefighters that are battle weary from fighting over 65,000 acres of fires for the last month all have their fingers crossed that these predictions are correct. These are the fires that are still burning in the area.

I neglected to post about the Thanksgiving feast volunteers and our local boy scout troop 605 prepared for the firemen that are away from their families on this Thanksgiving day. The firemen were very surprised and thankful for the great food that was served at Bat Cave fire dept.
Today the Christmas Toys for Tots annual tractor run came into town and ended at Jackson Park.
Thanks to the many folks who joined this great effort for the children of our county.

Ho Ho Ho  !!!!!  Let the Christmas joy fill your heart during this wonderful season of Peace, Hope, Love and Joy.
I am grateful today for the Reason for this season, Jesus Christ our Savior.
God Bless and Good Night.






No comments: