Thursday, November 24, 2016

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2016

Up early on this beautiful Thanksgiving day to deliver the 14 cakes Cordes Simpson always orders for Thanksgiving giving ! We meet at a local gas station and always laugh at the possibility of getting the law called on us for making a drug deal ??
I came back home and did chores and had breakfast. Hubbie said yesterday that he would help me deep clean the kitchen this morning before we started cooking. We are having dinner or supper as I call it this year as that is easier on all the kids and even on hubbie and me as we don't have to rush into cooking.
We cleaned until lunch time and then hubbie  moved all the furniture back into the kitchen from the sunroom and we cleaned out there.
About 2:30 I put the 12 pound turkey in the oven with the sweet potatoes for the casserole. We did chores in shifts since someone has to watch the ovens to turn them back on if they shut themselves off. Thankfully today they did not have a problem. That is what is so crazy about them as some days they work perfectly and some days they shut off several times.
We  had sweet potato casserole like my mom always made, green beans, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, cranberry sauce and biscuits for our thankful Thanksgiving feast .
While the food cooked hubbie and I put up our Christmas tree to fill the big hole we created when we moved the furniture around.
All six of the kids made it to dinner thankfully after all of them made road trips at lunch. #1 son drove his family to Oneida, Tenn. to have lunch with d-in-love's grandmother, #2 son and Tiffany drove to Rosman to have breakfast with Tif's dad and then to Brevard to have lunch with her mom, Josh and daughter drove to Green Creek to have lunch with his mom and dad. I am very thankful for safe travel for all of them.   I remember those traveling holidays when my kids were young !!!
Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal and had a fun time visiting tonight.

Even the littlest guest of all seemed to enjoy the special dinner !!
I am very thankful to God for allowing me another wonderful Thanksgiving spent with all my family.
I hope everyone had a safe Happy Thanksgiving. I am so so so THANKFUL  this year !!!
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: