Sunday, November 6, 2016

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS

A weird morning as I woke an hour before the alarm and looked around thinking something must be wrong with the clock ???   Then I remembered today is the first day off daylight savings time.
As I took advantage of the extra hour and dozed I felt guilty knowing the animals were still on their regular time and I'm sure wondering why they were waiting an extra hour to be fed and let out of their night time houses.
It will be nicer when we all get used to the new schedule to have daylight and hour earlier but it will not be nicer in the evening when darkness comes an hour earlier !!!
This is why I don't understand the reasoning behind these time changes, I tend to agree with this old Indian.
Church was good today from 1st Peter about the Bible verses science and was very educational for me.
We had #1 son's family and Aa's family here for lunch of roast beef, mashed potatoes,green beans, creamed corn , spiced baby carrots and biscuits. After a nice visit everyone went  their separate ways for the afternoon.
Hubbie watched a race on TV until it was time for him to go to his monthly Deacon's meeting.
I sat on the porch awhile and watched the smokey haze from the fire down at Lake Lure's Rumbling Bald mountain create a blue film over the surrounding mountains.
The dry leaves are bound to kindle fires in these very dry conditions and there are several fires now burning around western North Carolina.  This one at Lake Lure started yesterday and is growing in size despite all efforts to contain it.
The largest of the fires is the now over 600 acre fire in the Nantahala Gorge area .
There are warnings about reduced visibility miles from these fires with the wind that is blowing .
The sunset was beautiful even in the haze this evening as it set and hour earlier than yesterday !
Hubbie came in from his meeting just as I was finishing chores and we had some left overs for supper then decided to check out my new storage bench that he picked up for me Friday. As we layed out all the parts we discovered this main end piece that has the legs on it was broken. This piece was packed in the middle of the box so there is no way it got broken in shipment. This piece looked like this when it was packed up !!!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!! 
I called the numbered furnished for part replacement and they are sending a replacement part in about a week !!!  Glad this isn't something I have an immediate need for.
I went back to my log for the evening and hubbie went back to his race since it has been under a rain delay in Texas.
Daughter sent me this poem tonight that her pastor read in church this morning. I like it !!!
I am thankful today for the freedom to worship as I please and for a wonderful church family to share the love of Jesus Christ with.
God Bless and Good Night.







1 comment:

linda m said...

Love the "Butt-Prints in the Sand Poem. I've never seen that version before. Sorry your storage bench arrived broken. I also love the old Indians saying because that is how I feel. Blessings