Tuesday, November 29, 2016

RAINY DAY NEWS

Ahhhhh !!!! As you can see from the light reflections in the streets of downtown Hendersonville , it is a rainy morning. The first we have had in 51  days !!!
With the soothing sound of the rain hitting the metal roof g-daughter and I went back to bed after she got here and she slept until 8:30 even with the alarm clocks all going off at 8:00.
We got up and she had breakfast and then I got her ready to go to pre-school. We made it there a little after 9:00. It doesn't matter what times she comes and goes out there as they have no structured activities. She went in and started playing with another little girl there.
Back home I did late chores but the animals didn't mind on this rainy morning anyway. I then had a late breakfast before starting my house cleaning.
The news this morning is very disturbing as last night a wild fire in eastern Tennessee got out of hand when winds gusted up to 70mph and the fire raced through the town of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge burning over 150 homes and businesses .

 The carnage this morning is unbelievable and looks more like bombs have been dropped than fires.


This is one of the prettiest areas of the mountains and my family has spent many days in this area as recent as last weekend when d-in-love and a couple friends spent Saturday night up there. I pray for all the victims of the fires as 3 lives have been lost so far. The fire raced so quickly that it will be days before they can be sure there weren't more victims.
What a difference a few hours make as when I went back to pick g-daughter up the skies were clear and the sun was shining.
She acted like she could just stay outside on this upper 60's afternoon.

I had to bribe her into coming inside to have lunch with promises of yummy dessert.
This little fabric Christmas tree and button on ornaments was one of the best garage sale finds I have ever made . I think I paid $2 for this tree and it has been played with by a different youngster every Christmas since.
After we ate lunch I thought she would like to help put some ornaments on the big tree.

Ha Ha !! She liked taking them off a lot more than she liked hanging them on !!!! That's just her nature !!!!
All that watching Neena decorate sure wears a girl out.
She wouldn't sleep this afternoon ,it was as if she was afraid she would miss something if she shut her eyes. Each time she got still and close to sleep she would jump out of my lap and start playing. Then in a couple minutes she would be reaching up to me to pick her up and we would do the whole thing over again.
Thankfully aunt T (daughter) came by after work and we all went outside to play in the now fresh air for the first time in a while.
Swinging and riding in the wagon was right up her alley today.
D-in-love came and g-son joined g-daughter in the wagon and it was a hard pull for mom !!!
After they all left I started chores just as hubbie came in from work.  We finished the chores and I did a little more decorating getting my Christmas village set up.
I've almost got the big tree finished using all non breakable ornaments just in case !!!
The next round of rain clouds was visible along the horizon this evening.
We are very thankful for the 1 inch of rain we received last night and are hoping for another inch or so tonight to help dampen all the fires. The Party Rock fire which is in Lake Lure and Chimney Rock, closest to us is now 100% contained and the firefighters are leaving it in the hands of the NC forest service and heading for Tennessee to help with that fire. They are hoping the rain reaches there tonight before the high winds that are again predicted.
When Josh and daughter got married last summer they made no secret of the fact that they wanted children right away.  Thankfully God has saw fit to bless them with their first little bundle of joy due to arrive about mid June !  They are beyond happy and we are all happy for them and hubbie and I are tickled to death to be welcoming our third grandchild . Back on Nov. 2 daughter had an ultrasound and this is the first picture of our  little peanut !!!
Feeling very blessed tonight as this season gets underway and I feel my blessing just keep heaping up. I am humbled and very very grateful for my Heavenly Father's love and grace.
God Bless and Good Night












1 comment:

linda m said...

Such good news from you - fire contained and a new life on the way. God's blessings on your daughter and her little new life. Blessings