Saturday, January 14, 2017

FIRST BASKETBALL GAME FOR G-SON

While I was out doing the chores this morning I heard a sound that sounded like a pouring rain was coming through the trees making me pick up my pace in hopes of getting back inside before I got soaked. Just as I started back to the house the reason for the sound appeared in the eastern sky.

A huge flock of squawking Starlings blackened the tree tops as they stopped for a quick rest.
These birds are a nuisance but I am always amazed at the number of their huge flocks and the way they all seem to know exactly what the others are going to do and the way the entire flock swoops and dives in total unison.
Hubbie and I made it to market on time today but by the time we got here the clouds had darkened the sky and I knew this would hurt customer flow today.
Business was slow but I did do better than Thursday with $11 in eggs and $86  in baked goods sales for the day. I'll take these day !!!
 I left market and stopped by the estate sale place as she had sent out an ad saying 50% off sale today.
Daughter had stopped by earlier in the day and bought a couple old jars. I found some deals as I found 2 large table cloths for my market tables for $5 each and a bundle of jewellery for $4.

A nice surprise tucked in the middle of all the beaded necklaces and bracelets I found this really pretty set of Rosary Beads.
This green tinted large jar will have a place beside my Kurig and hold pods !!
I left there and stopped by the Co-op for some fresh leaf lettuce and some of their beet salad that I love. The Co-op is across the road from the athletic facility where g-son was playing his first basketball game of this season today. #1 son signed up to coach this year  and this was his first coaching experience also. They lost the game 15-10 but looked much better playing than they did last year.


The family......
We left there and came home. Hubbie and I unloaded and put things away just in time to get chores done.
We had a nice relaxing evening and watched TV on this warm damp evening. It is 46 degrees at 11:00 tonight after a high of 55 this afternoon. We didn't get any rain yet just dreariness.
Thankful for the love of God and all the blessings of this day .
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: