Monday, December 31, 2018

A RAINY NEW YEARS EVE

Another rainy morning as I get up to get the chores done this morning. I came back inside and had my breakfast . Daughter brought IR here while she went to basketball practice and then to do some errands in town.
D-in-love called and said the kids wanted to stay with us while she went to have her car inspected so she could get her tag.
So while they played I got weekly laundry started. The kids are all playing together very well today.

And these  two are really full of their selves this morning.


This  little car I bought for RL's Christmas a couple years ago is IR's favorite thing right now.


Daughter brought lunch in for all the kids and then stayed until d-in-love picked up g-son and RL to go visit her mom.
IR went to sleep so daughter went outside with hubbie to put air in her tires and I went downstairs to get more laundry done.
Daughter came back inside and watched TV while I went down to the storage shed and brought up some containers to put Christmas decorations in. I managed to get 3 large ones and 1 small one filled and carried back to the shed before it was chore time. IR woke up so daughter took her home.
We got chores done and then d-in-love, g-son and RL came back up to visit. As we were sitting at the kitchen table having a light supper the power suddenly went out. There was no boom or any noise at all just blackness.
We got flashlights and went to sit in the living room. I called the power company and they said there was over 1000 folks in our area who lost power and they were working to find the problem.
The estimated time for the power to come back on was 10:45.
#1 son came in and brought a camping lantern to give us some light. The kids were taking it in stride ,even RL didn't get overly upset about being in the semi-darkness. We had an old fashioned visit with no technology or TV.
Daughter was without power also so they went across town to visit sis-in-law Kristen until the power came back on.
At about 9:00 the power came back on so son's family left and then we saw our internet modem having some strange blinking lights . Unfortunately it seemed to be fried probably from the surge of power coming back on even though it was plugged into a protective power strip. When I called AT&T they said because it was an older modem it was more susceptible to a surge coming through the phone line not the power strip it was plugged into. So they are sending me a new modem but we will be without internet all week until it gets here because of the holiday.
I am using my Verizon MiFi to type this blog on my laptop but can't post pics until I get my desktop working again. So that is why there hasn't been a published post since last Sunday.
Thankful for the blessings of this day .
God Bless, Good Night and Happy New Year.

1 comment:

linda m said...

i was wondering what had happened to you. Hope all is well real soon. Blessings