Tuesday, December 11, 2018

FROZEN SNOW

Slept in again and woke to the sunshine steaming through the bedroom windows. I eased my sore knees out of bed and got my stretching done to help loosen up all my joints.
I take about 10 minutes each morning and just stretch and I have found it helps me be much more flexible.
I had breakfast  trying to wait for some melting because  hubbie who had been out earlier with one of the dogs said it was the hardest day yet to walk because the mid 20's temperatures over night had frozen the snow very hard.
After I ate I got my outside clothes and boots on and headed out.  I could actually walk on top of the snow it is frozen so hard.

It is terribly slick and I fell twice before I got all the chickens fed and turned out. They all have little snow free spots in front of their house doors and that is as far as they go but it allows them to get a little of the warm sunshine.
I was glad to get back inside and get some small task done that I have been putting off . I rested awhile trying to get my knee to ease off after twisting it in one of my falls this morning. I seem to always manage to hurt my knees.
I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup for our lunch. Hubbie came in from cleaning up in his shop and had a couple bowls of the hot soup before he headed back out to finish the job.
I still didn't feel like getting back out and slipping around anymore so I stayed inside and mostly rested today.
Talked to #2 son and he and Tif made it to work this morning on a very dangerous not scraped Davis Mountain road. He said it was really bad and if someone hadn't driven a tractor up it and made tracks he wouldn't have been able to make it down. Thankful they made it in to work.
#1 son went to work for the morning then came home to drive d-in-love and RL to the doctor as RL is complaining with an ear ache again. G-son came up here to stay with us while they were gone.
Son-in-love went to work also for the morning and said the roads are still really bad even around town.
#1 son came back from the doctor and RL does have an ear infection. They came up and stayed for a little while before heading home to watch movies on TV.
Hubbie and I got evening chores done and I couldn't tell by walking through the still mostly frozen snow that any of it had melted in the 38 degree sunshine today. At least I stayed on my feet this evening but I moved very very slow.
We still live in a white wonderland even it is treacherous to walk around in.

Inside we watched the news of another storm headed our way, hopefully this one will bring rain only but it looks like we might get several inches of rain on top of this melting snow which won't be a good thing.
I worked on my Christmas projects again tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for this Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

So sorry to hear about you falling. I fell last year and was so thankful I didn't break anything. Just please be careful. Blessings