Saturday, December 1, 2018

RAINY MARKET AND PARADE DAY

December  came in wet and nasty this morning as a cold rain has fallen all day. I got chores done and we got the Honda loaded with all the baked goods before the heavier rain began thankfully.
We got to market on time and the parking lot was almost filled with cars but the Christmas Parade is today so I am sure most of these cars are parade goers.
We got set up about the time daughter arrived after an early morning basketball practice.  She brought this picture of IR stretching with the team.
Unfortunately for all those who were marching in the parade it rained the entire time but the parade went on and Santa Clause made his way into town .

We had a decent day today even with the cold rain falling all morning. Daughter left a little before lunch to go meet son-in-love for lunch. It got really cold in market and I was glad when 2:00 came and it was time to pack up as I didn't wear my long handle underwear today thinking it was going to be warmer than it has been.

I came straight home and hubbie helped me unload and then I got to warm up for the first time today as hubbie had a fire in the wood stove to knock off the dampness in the house and it sure felt good.
After a short rest we did chores a little early before the heavier predicted rain began. I forgot to check the rain gauge this evening but the airport had .39 inches since midnight.
Back inside I had some of the butternut squash / apple soup I bought from the soup vendor today.
It hit the spot on the rainy cold evening. The temperature is in the upper 40's but it really feels colder.
It has rained hard all evening and has actually warmed up.
Hubbie and I have relaxed all evening and watched a detective show on TV which we never do but we both got interested in it and had to see "who done it"  !!!
Thankful for the blessings of the day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.




No comments: