Wednesday, December 26, 2018

PREPARING FOR MORE RAIN AND BAKING DAY

As I lay in bed this morning watching daylight make its way into the day a sad emptiness came over me as I realize Christmas was passed and all the excitement and anticipation with it gone for another year.  I always have a let down feeling after Christmas day.
After chores and breakfast daughter dropped IR off while she went over to her house to deal with the well and pump contractors to get the well pump in and get a trench dug for the water line.
IR helped gather all the cords then the outside decorations to get it all put away in the sheds before the rain gets here tomorrow.




A funny thing about IR she will not ride in the wagon like the other kids used to love to do, she'd rather push it or pull it.


It was lunchtime by the time we finished this job so we all went in for some more leftovers.
IR went down for a nap and hubbie went back over to daughter's house with her to see what was going on. I got my baking started, I baked 6 caramel, 2 pound and 1 pan of brownies.
They were just coming out of the ovens when hubbie and daughter got back and IR was just waking up so daughter sat down with her to let her get a little more sleep since she got up so early.
After just a little while d-in-love brought RL and g-son up so RL and IR could play and g-son could help hubbie with his wood splitting.
RL and IR both like for me to hold their hands and let them jump in this old recliner. It's RL's turn in this picture.

The girls played well together until daughter had to go back over to her house to check if the power was on and d-in-love and all the kids left with her.
She was disappointed that the power company hadn't been by today and the builders were wanting power to get started building the garage.
After chores hubbie and I had a light supper then I did weekly paperwork and paid bills. This year with the way Christmas fell at least I didn't get behind a week with my paperwork .
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market. I expect a very slow sales day tomorrow especially with the predicted rain coming in from the new winter storm, Eboni expected to deliver another maybe 3-4 inches of rain to our area.


Just to put into perspective the amounts of rain and snow this year has had and mostly on weekends that have affected my business .
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: