Saturday, December 8, 2018

SNOW STORM ARRIVES

Felt very strange being able to sleep in a little on a Saturday morning today. There is no snow falling yet and I was thinking maybe I should have baked a few cakes yesterday until I talked to a couple market neighbors who did go in today and they said there was absolutely no customers coming in today. I did chores and had breakfast and then hubbie and I braved a trip to Ingles to get some bird seed. I thought I had a new bag downstairs but didn't and I love to sit and watch the birds at the feeders in the snow.
Ingles wasn't as crazy as I expected and I didn't see any empty shelves. While we were there about 11:00 the snow started falling .


We got our bird seed and a few other things and got home before the snow got too heavy.  We had lunch then hubbie helped #1 son get his generator started and get it down to his house. Hubbie brought our generator down to the basement door so he wouldn't have to be trying to move it in the snow.

I stayed inside all afternoon and just relaxed for a very different Saturday and watched the snow fall continuously all afternoon but the temperature hung around the just above freezing to keep it from sticking to the ground until late afternoon.
We got out and fed early and the snow was starting to stick at 4:30.

By the time I got everything fed and shut up my footprints coming out of the house were filled in and just as I started back inside I heard a big bang and looked down on the road and a car had slid into the guard rail on the road. The road was now entirely snow covered and must have been pretty slick even with the brine the state had put on it earlier.
Thankfully I talked to #2 son right after I got inside and he and Tif had just got home so at least all the family is safe tonight as the snow piles up.
The forecasters are holding the same totals for us as they have been according to these latest models.
This is a huge storm and reaches all the way back to Texas.

The entire area around us is under a winter storm warning until Monday.
This is a picture of the courthouse downtown tonight with the Christmas trees and snow falling. It is rare that the Christmas decorations down town are cover with snow but I can recall several years recently that this has happened.
Started working on the calendars for Christmas gifts tonight . As usual there is always something that holds this process up and tonight I discovered I didn't download the May photos to my Walgreens account .
We heard something fall and hubbie went out and found that one of the Mimosa trees below the house has already broken off across the driveway from the weight of the snow hanging to the ivy vines that have grown into these trees.
That makes for a cold snowy outside job for him tomorrow.
Praying that everyone stay safe in this storm and that we keep our power.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: