Saturday, December 22, 2018

BUSY BEFORE CHRISTMAS MARKET DAY

Up to get ready for market on a cold 28 degree windy morning.  I got chores done and got ready for market and left a few minutes early.
There was only one customer waiting for me to make sure she got the only black walnut pound cake I had for her Christmas gathering.
We got set up and daughter and IR came in with her baked things. Son-in-love met her there to carry her things in and a couple of his brothers came to meet up with him at market.
His family Christmas gathering is this afternoon at his parent's house so all his family came to town.
We had a nice visit with them and then they left to go check out the new house progress.
Daughter and IR stayed to help at market. IR found a new friend in one of the other vendor's grand daughters.

I dressed in the spirit of the season today.
We stayed very busy and sold almost everything we had worked so hard baking all week. Filling all the orders we had and selling off the table took both of us working . I  don't know if market has been more busy this year during this holiday season or if maybe I am just really feeling my age this year but all this baking has really kicked my butt and I am feeling very worn down today.
Daughter and IR left after lunch when sales slowed and most of the orders were picked up.
Hubbie also left to get home and get the gutters screwed back to the house where the heavy snow pulled all of them loose last week.
I left market and made one stop at Ingles for some groceries we needed.
At home hubbie helped me get unloaded and then he went back to his yard clean up and I took a nice quiet rest break until chore time. The sky has rippled clouds this evening and is still keeping that golden color.

After chores we watched a UNC / Kentucky basketball game which UNC lost and then I worked on catching up my blog post which have been neglected in this busy week.
Son-in-love who is the baby in the first picture and 3 of his older brothers did a re-enactment of this 1980' pic tonight !!!

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for this Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless, Merry Christmas and Good Night.