Wednesday, December 5, 2018

SNOW STORM PREPARATION

Up to get things going early this morning and get all the grands their breakfast before I went outside to do the chores.
G-son was excited today because he won the wrestle off in his weight class yesterday and will be the starting wrestler in Thursday's match, yea for him !!
I took RL to preschool and then came straight home to have my breakfast. After I ate hubbie, IR and I went to Fletcher feed for chicken feed to make sure I have enough for the duration of the upcoming snow storm. We also decided to do our shopping since the stores are already getting crowded and as the weekend gets closer I'm sure they will get worse.
We made stops at Aldi and Sam's Club and both were crowded and had long lines at the checkouts.
IR did not like to wait in line and her face definitely shows that.

This is the back of the Honda when we finished our shopping , we should be good for a long while !!!

At home we had lunch then I was determined to finish getting the Christmas decorations out of all the containers that are sitting in my sunroom and get the containers back in the shed.IR went down for a long nap so  I turned on a Christmas music CD and spent the entire afternoon in my own little world just me and these trees and the windows .




Daughter came in between her dentist appointment and ball game and stayed in the house with IR while hubbie and I got all the containers hauled back to the shed and got chores done. The air feels really icy this evening after the temperature didn't get out of the mid 30's all day.
I was glad to get inside and get warmed up with a hot cup of green tea.
We watched the news about the impending snow storm that seems to get worse with each update for our area. Now they are saying we could get a record amount of snow fall even more than the 18+ inches we got in the blizzard of 1993.

This is a list of the 12 top amounts of snow we have ever gotten in our area.


We are trying to prepare as best we can and will be fine if the power stays on, we'll be fine also if the power goes off it'll just be much harder and much more work !!!
IR loves purses and carries these 2 around one on each arm !!

Son-in-love picked up IR and they went home to wait for daughter to get home from the basketball game. The varsity beat Hendersonville for their first victory but Hendersonville didn't have a JV team to play.
After they left I put 2 pound cakes in the oven and then did weekly paperwork and paid the bills. I also got the monthly figures for November done and was pleasantly surprised by my sales totals. A lot better than October which had me worried for November.
Hubbie and I watched Survivor on TV then I packed everything up for market. I don't have very much but I'm not expecting much traffic through market tomorrow after a 20 degree morning.
The older president Bush passed away last week and his funeral was today giving #2 son and all government workers a day off work in honor of Mr. Bush.
Folks around her are remembering his visit to Hendersonville Apple Festival in 1992.

Thankful for all the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.



1 comment:

linda m said...

Sure hope the snow predictions are wrong. Please stay safe. Will keep you in my prayers.