Thursday, December 20, 2018

RAINY MARKET DAY

No girls on a Thursday market day seems strange as I get chores done and we get things loaded and ready for market.
It is pouring rain this morning and some of the streets in town are already flooded with all the excess water.
Market was slow to start but picked up a little as the day went on for a pretty good sales day. Daughter brought IR by to go home with hubbie while she went to the basketball game. This game was scheduled for tomorrow but due to the predictions that there might be some snow and slick roads tomorrow evening they moved it up to today.
IR loves coming to market and walking around with hubbie. She is trying to give this big bear a bite of her apple !!


Hubbie and IR left to make the dump run and head home to spend the rainy afternoon inside.
I left market and ran my banking errand and stopped at Aldi for more baking supplies.
Then I went to the mall where the new post office is located and stood in line for 30-45 minutes to get a package mailed because their self serve machine was broken down.
I then shopped in a couple stores there since I was stopped. Santa was not having a busy afternoon in all this rain.

I made one more stop for gas and then made it home at 4:30. It was raining so hard I just left everything in the Honda and went inside to stay with IR while hubbie got his part of the chores done.
He came inside and I got all my raingear on and got my chickens ,guineas and quails and the cat taken care of.
Everything looked wet and miserable this evening and glad to be shut up in the dry warm houses for the night.
We had a light supper and then watched the news. I worked some more on the calendar gifts until son-in-love got here to pick up IR.
I finished the night out in the kitchen getting 6 more caramel cakes baked and icing the 6 I made last night.
Whew !!!!   I am looking forward to a break from all this baking !!!
Thankful for the business though as the extra money always comes in handy for the after Christmas bills.
The rain finally slacked up and we unloaded the Honda and got things put away.
Hubbie started boxing up all the caramel cakes for the orders and stacking them in the sunroom so they will stay cool.
I am not the only one putting in a lot of extra hours around the holiday as #2 son and Tif both are working long hours at the Post Office and even if son is smiling in this pic I bet he feels the same as I do !!

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for this Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless, Merry Christmas and Good Night

No comments: