Thursday, December 6, 2018

SLOW MARKET AND WRESTLING MATCH

Brrrr!!!!  20 degrees this morning as I head out with a bucket of hot water to help thaw the water pans for all the chickens, dogs and birds.
This ice makes chores take an extra 10 minutes at least so when I got back inside I had about 15 minutes to get ready for market.
I dropped RL off at pre-school only 10 minutes late so I felt like that was a victory this morning.
I met IR and hubbie and we got things set up . I had a call on the way here this morning for all the caramel cakes I have and I already had an order for 2 caramel cakes so those 2 orders will make for a good day. Both these customers are heading south and don't expect to get back up before Christmas so they are taking their cakes now.
I had a very slow day as expected other than those 2 orders which makes me very thankful for those 2 customers today.
Connie, IR's other g-ma picked her up at 11:00 and hubbie went to the dump and then brought us some lunch before he headed home.  He had to come back to market anyway to load up a load of pumpkins from a neighbor's table to feed to the chickens. These folks are having a challenging time right now with their health and I told them we would clean their tables off .
I left market a few minutes early as it was cold and I needed to get my errands done and get home early so we could get to Brevard Middle school, a 45 minute drive away for the wrestling match.
Hubbie and I hurried through early chores and then picked up daughter and IR on the way. We made it to the school with about 5 minutes to spare and met d-in-love and #1 son there.
We all went in a got a seat on the narrow bleachers which brought back memories for my kids sports activities and the many many hours my butt sat on bleachers in gyms somewhere.
This was g-son's first match this year and he looked stoked in warm-ups.
When his match started it was obvious the boy he was wrestling was a much more seasoned wrestler than g-son. But g-son hung in there and made it through to 20 seconds left in the 2nd round before he was pinned.





He was a very disappointed boy when the match was over as the coaches and other older wrestlers spent time trying to encourage him.
Hopefully this loss will make him more determined to get better and won't discourage him. He will have to remember that after all he is a 6th grader getting to wrestle which hardly ever happens and he is probably wrestling 7th and 8th graders.
We left shortly after his match because IR had all she wanted of the match and daughter wasn't feeling well.
G-son's team won the match 60-35 so his worries of causing his team to lose the match if he lost were unfounded.
We made it home around 7:30 and in the darkness I shut up all the chickens and tried to find my guineas but only found 3 of them roosting on the ground , hopefully the other 3 are in the trees but we couldn't find them by shining lights around.
We had  a late supper then rested and watched the news before heading to bed.
Thankful for the blessings of the day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: