Thursday, December 27, 2018

MARKET DAY AND 1968 AND 1988 MEMORIES

Back in the regular grove this morning. IR was here at 8:00 so daughter could coach a basketball game at 9:00 this morning in the holiday tournament her school is hosting.
I got chores done and we all got things loaded up and headed for market. It is a very dreary morning with light sprinkles of rain already starting.
IR was in a very good mood this morning and talked all the way to market. Her other grandma, Connie picked her up about 10:30 to take her back to their apartment and wait for daughter to get finished with her ballgames about 12:30.
Hubbie left shortly after she left to get his dump run done and pick up his wood splitter table from Tractor Supply with the gift card the kids gave him for Christmas, he also had to get his tag for his truck and get a haircut before he got home so he has a long catch up day.
My sales were much better today than I expected them to be so I am happy even through it is very cold in market even with my long handle underwear on. A lot of the older ladies left really early because of the cold but that is to be expected with the temperature outside struggling to get into the 40's.
I left at regular time and made stops at the bank and PO also at Aldi and Walmart for baking supplies for tomorrow. I was really surprised in Walmart to see so many empty shelves. It looked as if the stockers were on strike !!!
I made it home at 4:00 and we got things unloaded and put away. I rested for about 30 minutes before it was time to get the chores done. It is raining lightly already so all the chickens were already in their houses so it was a short chore time today.
Back inside I decided I had better get out the decade pictures for the month and spent the evening doing this.
I am going to have to hurry to get all them on here by the end of this month.
Since there are no other pics for this post I'm going to double up with only one pic from December 1968 of my Aunt Carol and Uncle Bob's 25th anniversary. Carol was my mom's sister who lived in Michigan.
And of course in December of 1988 we had three little excited kiddos and that month was a busy one.
Starting with the Cub Scout float in the Christmas parade and a visit from the scouts to sing Christmas carols at a local rest home.
Then there was a Christmas play at school.


On Christmas eve we got our Christmas celebration started at hubbie's parent's house with his brother and his family.



Home to get Santa ready for the kids …
Christmas morning was special back them with the innocent excitement that Santa had left what they had asked for under the tree.



After checking out all the things they got here we were off to hubbie's grandmother's house for lunch and more presents to open for granny and the kids.


We left there and  had a little while in the afternoon before we went to my mom's house for another celebration with my mom and my brother's and their families.






Great memories during a very busy time .
Thankful for all the blessings through the years and for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.







1 comment:

linda m said...

Love all the pictures. So happy you had a lovely Christmas. Blessings