Wednesday, December 12, 2018

NOT MUCH MELTING TODAY

Up to another below freezing morning and walking around in frozen snow that feels like walking through hardened cement chunks. The security camera takes pics each morning when hubbie lets the dogs out and there isn't much difference between yesterday's snow total and todays.
Yesterday.....

Today...…

I came back inside to get my baking started and hubbie stayed outside to work on his shop clean up job.
I baked 6 caramel, 2 pound and  1 chocolate cake. I needed to bake a few more but that was all the eggs I had and I didn't think there was a great need for a lot of baked goods anyway for tomorrow.
We always run on the school schedule if they are closed we are closed but Ralph , the chairman of the board called today and said we were going to open tomorrow since it is so close to Christmas and the folks who sell greenery need to be open. They managed to get someone to scrape the snow from our parking lot which is always a problem.
After I finished baking I had a late lunch then started working on getting all my hidden Christmas gifts out of their hiding places to see what I actually need to finish things up.
I was happy to find that I have almost everything I need.
I went to work then on the gift calendars I put together each year for each family and that is where I stayed all afternoon.
Hubbie finally came in from his shop and was happy he had finish the cleaning job.
Daughter went to work today for a little while on the optional work day but the principle told them not to come in until lunchtime to give the snow time to at least soften some.
D-in-love went in to work about the same time when her mom came up to stay with g-son and RL.
Deb said this was the shape of the roads she traveled on this morning to get here.

Tif sent these pictures of  the road they live on as they made their way into work this morning.




She e-mailed the DOT and asked why they hadn't scraped their road and they told her they scraped up one side but it was too dangerous to send a truck down the way they have been going to work.
At least they can go down the way they did scrape so it won't be so dangerous tomorrow. I had no idea DOT could refuse to scrape a road !!
I am just very thankful that we do not have to go anywhere yet.
When we went out to get the chores done I noticed the snow still clinging to our roof and slowly sliding down as it melts just a little each day. This is probably better than it all sliding off all at one time and possibly tearing the gutters off the house.


There wasn't much melting today even with the low 40's temps because there was no sunshine.
All the chickens and animals are pretty tired of their small areas of snow free ground to walk around on and are already in their houses by the time I come to do the evening feeding and egg gathering, only one egg today !!!
Back inside and watching the weather and track of the next winter storm headed across the country which is supposed to bring us a lot of rain this time. We just have to worry about what a couple inches of rain on top of all this snow will do and we hope the temperatures stay where they are predicted to be.

I did weekly paperwork and then iced cakes before Survivor came on TV. After the show we got things ready to go to market. 
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for the Reason for this Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: